Re: I can't receive MMS messages that include text and picture from iPhone to Android
dhfrom619

I've also had this same issue with my MotoX after the latest software update.

0 Likes
Re: I can't receive MMS messages that include text and picture from iPhone to Android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dhfrom619,

We want to get you receiving those messages. Are you not able to receive any messages from someone who has an iPhone? Did you previously have an iPhone? Have you tried powering the device off and back on and see if you can receive the messages now? Are you receiving any error messages?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dhfrom619

I can receive sms messages but all mms messages from iphones just show up

as a blank message. I did not previously have an iphone. I was able to

receive them before my phone updated to the latest software. Restarting it

yielded no results and I have not seen any error messages.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 8:31 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate you taking the time to follow up! It is greatly appreciated. Since the issue began have you been able to clear previous threads? Once previous threads have been removed head into settings > applications > manage applications > all > messages - clear data and cache. Once this has been completed please retest.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ScottRK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I experience the exact same issue as described above. If I have the Moto X and if I receive a photo from an iPhone user it just comes up with that same picture as shared above. If I switch to Hangouts as my messaging app, the pictures are right there. I'd prefer to use the messaging app since it works with Moto Assist when I'm driving to read my texts to me.

If I open up the Verizon Messages app on my tablet the picture renders fine.

Scott

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing ScottRK! I have actually noticed this issue as well. When it comes to this issue the root cause is surrounding how the users of iPhones are sending the pictures. I recommend having a friend with an iPhone manually send the picture directly from their photo gallery. Once this occurs the picture will receive. If the user is sending directly while in thread this error will occur. Please test with a friend and keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
ScottRK
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is unacceptable and an incorrect response, please take the proper responsibility and own this.

It's a problem with the messaging app/verizon's most recent update not a problem with how a picture is being sent. It's a problem with how the file is being read by the messaging app. As I stated above, if I open up and use Google Hangouts for my messaging the picture is perfect so I'm receiving a valid readable file.

scott

kimba71

<<Duplicate post.  See original and replies text problems >>

0 Likes
judemalagon

Hi,

So has there been any solution to this issue? Or are we just going to ignore it?

0 Likes
dblack86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.

I have a Moto X and when my wife sends me pictures and text from her iPhone, the image does not show up. We are both on Verizon. We both bought our phones from Verizon. This is my first phone on Verizon. She has only used iPhones.

Sure, your solution could work for my wife, although it is particularly annoying, but what about everyone else that sends me a image with text? Am I just supposed to keep telling everyone "Please manually send the picture directly from your photo gallery. Once this occurs the picture will receive. If the you are sending directly while in thread this error will occur." We are not asking to do anything obscure. We just want to be able to do something that has been around for over 10 years.

Please look into this and resolve this issue. There is a fault in our phones that is of no fault of ours. We were told we could receive pictures. We pay for the service. Now we would like to have it.

Also, this is NOT a duplicative post. The other post deals with someone switching from Apple to Android. That is not my situation nor does it appear to be other people's either.

0 Likes