Re: I can't receive MMS messages that include text and picture from iPhone to Android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dblack86,

Let's get to the bottom of this and get your MMS working right!

How long has this been going on? Have you ever been able to receive MMS with both picture and text in the past? Are you connected to WiFi when you have the issue?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I can't receive MMS messages that include text and picture from iPhone to Android
dblack86
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as I can remember, this has always been a problem.

Earlier today when this happened, I was on 4g. I think it happens no matter what but unfortunately, I can not try wifi right now.

0 Likes
bleedvzred
Enthusiast - Level 3

everyone switching iphone to droid need to text "stop" to 48369 from your new droid. it takes your number off of imessage

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dblack86,

We'll get things running again so you can enjoy your pictures. Are you able to view pictures sent to you from non-Apple products ok?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
dblack86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure. The only person who sends me anything is my wife, so I don't really know how I can test it.

0 Likes
fearlessthought

I am having the same issue. I just bought my Moto X and cannot view any pictures from any other phones at all. I get the same picture of a play button and can only see the text sent with the picture but not the picture itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fearlessthought,

We'll get your pictures working too! Thank you very much for describing what you see when someone sends you a picture message. That's really very helpful. It means that you're able to receive the message, but it would not display. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you get those messages and try to view them? If so, please turn Wi-Fi off, ensure Mobile Data is on, and try to view the picture again. Let us know the results!

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
lghhartman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. When a picture is sent with no text, I can view it. When it is sent with a message, it shows the white box with the play button, and when I click on that, it just shows the text that was sent. I also have the Moto and this has been happening since I got it a few months ago. It's very frustrating and I am hopeful that this can be resolved - although since this thread dates back to January, I'm a little doubtful.Auto-retrieve is enabled and a re-boot doesn't yield any results. Thanks for any help you can provide.

dblack86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having doubts about this actually being resolved.

So far since January, no real solutions have been offered, nor does there appear to be anyone working actively with a software patch. This appears to be exclusively a Verizon thing, so I doubt any patch to Android/Moto would make a difference.

We already know it is not a "wifi v network" thing. I told you that. Let's move on.

0 Likes
lghhartman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did figure out that if you switch to using Hangouts as your primary messaging app, pictures show up in there, so that's what I am doing in the meantime. You just go to hangouts, and the 3 dots take you to settings where you can select it.

0 Likes