I can't receive MMS messages that include text and picture from iPhone to Android
LWarnock1

I just switched from an iPhone 4 to a MotoX with Android. When people try and send me MMS messages with both text and a picture in the same message, the picture shows up as a white square with a play button on it, like a video. When I click play, the screen just changes to all white with the text at the top, but the picture will not show up. When the same message is sent as just a picture, with no text, it works fine.Screenshot_2014-01-13-09-25-15.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't receive MMS messages that include text and picture from iPhone to Android
NoleGirl92
Enthusiast - Level 1

Doesn't Verizon ever look around on the internet for answers?  I saw where one commenter said to text "stop" to 48369.  I Googled "text stop to 48369" and found this message below on the Apple site.  It took me all of three minutes.  I have a friend with a new Android phone (switched from Apple) and she's having the same text issues. I'll see if this works for her.

Good luck to everyone with the texting issues. I hope this works for you too!!

Found at iPhone text messages not going to my Android | Apple Support Communities

May 19, 2014 9:13 PM               

I just switched yesterday from iPhone to Android...

This works! (I spent [read: wasted] the day reading all forums trying to find a fix. This forum was one of them so I figured I'd give back).

1. CHANGE your AppleID password, and sign out of everything (iTunes, mail account, AppleTV... the works.). DO NOT re-enter the NEW password on any of the devices once changed. CHANGE PASSWORD on one computer; SIGN OUT of all and that's IT.

then

2. text the word STOP to 48369

THAT IS IT.

I read that within 12-24h all your previous contacts will be able to text you, (or iMessage will tell them that they need to use SMS to text you)... but it only took 4 hours in my case to start getting the proper texts again (thankfully: very important for work ).

Use the knowledge for good.... not for evil.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I can't receive MMS messages that include text and picture from iPhone to Android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LWarnock1,

That's not cool! Let's get those pictures moving. What phone are you using? Are you using a message app? How are they sending the pics? Are they using a message app? I apologize for all the questions, just trying to get to the bottom of this for you. Keep me posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LWarnock1

I have the MotoX. I am using the Messages app that came on the phone. The person sending this particular message has an iPhone 4S and just uses the native messaging app on her phone as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your reply, LWarnock1! The answer you've given may have provided us with the answer we need to understand why the pictures may not appear as part of a messaging thread. We believe that the images you're getting from your contact may have a file format that's not supported by the software on your device. Do you know who her wireless carrier may be? Would you be able to forward her messages to your email address? If so, are you able to see the image then?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
LWarnock1

I forwarded it to my email and I can see the picture there. It is a .jpg file, which I know is very common, though. Shouldn't my phone be able to see jpgs through text message? Also, the same picture showed up the second time she sent it, when she did not send the text with it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LWarnock1,

We want you to be able to see the picture without forwarding as well! In the messaging app, down in the lower right are three dots stacked atop one another. If you touch that icon and select settings, this gives you access to the messaging settings. Scroll down to Multimedia messages and ensure that Auto-Retrieve is enabled. Sometimes it is as simple as that setting.

Also, are multiple parties sending you images that you are not able to view or is this just one sender?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LWarnock1

Hi Brian,

I already had the Auto-Retrieve setting turned on and it has happened with multiple senders.

Lindsey

0 Likes
Ronda123

STOP CANCEL>>>>>> PLEASE STOP CANCEL NOW thanks ronda

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ronda123 wrote:

STOP CANCEL>>>>>>  PLEASE STOP     CANCEL NOW      thanks ronda

If you're referring to the e-mails you receive about forum postings, you have to change that yourself by going to the top right-hand side of the page and use the drop-down next to your user name to select Preferences.  Make the desired changes and then click the red Save button at the bottom of the page.

0 Likes
mjdifran

Hi.  Did you ever resolve this?  I'm having the same problem

0 Likes