I can send text but cannont recive them please help
kaylin_lashae
I have a voyager titanium and it will let me send text and the other person can recieve it and reply but my phone will not recive them. What should I do?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can send text but cannont recive them please help
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome!   Ok, a couple of things . . . have you recently "ported" your number over from a home phone or another wireless carrier?   There can often be a delay in "receiving" when that happens.    Also, you need to check your phone to make sure that receiving texting has not been blocked or restricted in any way.   Phones do have this switching capability as people often do not want to receive such messages or be charged for them.    You will find switches for sending/receiving texts on your device in most cases and you can find switches for these messages on the web site under your account.

If all this checks out OK then you've got some other kind of blocking that only Verizon will be able to correct.   The device itself could be the problem as well.   My guess is one of your settings (see below) somehow got triggered to not receive texts.   I copied the below directly from Verizon.   I hope it helps :smileyhappy::

Text Blocking This page allows you to prevent unwanted messages from being delivered to your handset.

You can block messages from the following list of yes/no options:

•  
    • Block messages sent from e-mail?
    • Block messages sent from Web?
    • Block messages sent to my Nickname only?
You can also selectively block messages from specific sources by entering the information in the input boxes labeled 1-15. You can block email addresses, domain names, and wireless nicknames. (Ex: Bob@anywhere.com, domain.com, or sam@vtext.com).

Once you have created a vtext nickname, this option on the Text Blocking page provides the capability to block all messages from an email client to your nickname. In other words, only email addressed to your mobile number@vtext.com will be delivered to your handset.

To block messages:
Log-in to text.vzw.com with your registered Verizon Wireless number. Once logged in, select "Preferences," then "Text Blocking" from the menu on the left. Select the type of messages you want to block or enter the specific addresses you want to block, then click "Save".

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
Re: I can send text but cannont recive them please help
Spanky
Contributor - Level 1
... or the more likely possibility that the "other person" is a customer of another carrier, and is sending Enhanced Messages; usually done by attaching a signature to their messages.  Have them check to see if they have a signature attached... have them remove it.  Enhanced messages cannot be sent inter-carrier
0 Likes