How would I be able to pull up all of the text messages tat were in my phone over the course of 2 years and back them up to my computer since my phone has a broken screen and can no longer read the mesages.
CraftFreak2000

How would I be able to pull up all of the text messages tat were in my phone over the course of 2 years and back them up to my computer since my phone has a broken screen and can no longer read the mesages.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: How would I be able to pull up all of the text messages tat were in my phone over the course of 2 years and back them up to my computer since my phone has a broken screen and can no longer read the mesages.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on the type of phone and what operating system it used.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: How would I be able to pull up all of the text messages tat were in my phone over the course of 2 years and back them up to my computer since my phone has a broken screen and can no longer read the mesages.
CraftFreak2000

It's the LG Env touch and I'm not sure what you mean by operating system.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your phone was a smartphone, there might have been applications available to do what you want.  I don't know what options are available for a feature phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CraftFreak2000

It's an LG and their's no app for it. Theirs an app for contacts but not text.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If the messages are stored on the device and you can power the device up you can use the application posted at https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/770529  , the application has a screen capture option and you can use the screen as a guide to install MyBackup from Market or a number of backup apps from Market and then you can run the applications and backup data to your SD Card to restore to the replacement device.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG Env Touch is not a smartphone, Wildman, unfortunately.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

My Mistake, you are right...  Well that software should still work on a basic device (Without MyBackup) if the user would like to backup the messages to a file but the data will be in a readable format but cant be respored to the device.   But the user will have a copy of messages.

0 Likes
spiderman1c

How would I pull up my text messaging?

0 Likes
CraftFreak2000

But how would I be able to do this if al I get is a blank screen when I have the phone on? My screen is 100% blank which is the problem I am having. And the text messages are an important part of my buisness.

0 Likes