How to turn off other peoples avatars?
GeorgeCT
Contributor - Level 2

On Verizon's Message +, how do you turn off other peoples avatars from showing up on your phone.

I just want the multi colored circle with the letter of the first name and one is coming through as a photo.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to turn off other peoples avatars?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

George-

I personally use the Verizon messaging app so I can understand wanting to disable that from the app. Unfortunately, you're not able to disable other people's avatar as they were set up from their own account. I hope this answers your question

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

George-

I personally use the Verizon messaging app so I can understand wanting to disable that from the app. Unfortunately, you're not able to disable other people's avatar as they were set up from their own account. I hope this answers your question

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DodgeRulez
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is nice that people can set their own avatars to be seen on their contact's phones when they use Verizon's Messages Plus app, but it would also be nice to allow me to disable viewing their avatars and viewing the circles with the first initial if that is MY choice on MY phone.  Please make it an option to allow us to either view the circled initials or the contact's profile avatar.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want our customers to have a nice experience when using our apps. Although, you are not able to get rid of the circle avatars next to the message box, you will be able to make changes so that the circles are all gray. You can do this by going into the Verizon Messaging Plus App. Select the top 3 circles on the right hand side then tap on Customize.  Once here you can change the "Avatar Color" to gray.

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you reported this to the developers via the app's settings?  It opens an email for you to send to verizonmessages at verizonwireless dot com.  This may be the best way to get their attention for feature requests.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes