How to restore all my messages on iPhone 7 plus through the messages app?
marie009

I had an android phone and I'm having the worst time trying to get all my information switched from my old phone to the iphone. i thought the messages would like automatically sync. Can somebody help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to restore all my messages on iPhone 7 plus through the messages app?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marie009, we know the feeling of wanting to have your latest messages on your new phone also. I want get to the bottom of this. The only way to restore messages from your previous Android phone to your new iPhone is if you were using the Verizon Messages application. If you were, you’ll just need to download the Verizon Messages app from the App store. If you were using a different messaging application on your Android phone, it’s not possible to restore your messages from your older phone.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marie009, we know the feeling of wanting to have your latest messages on your new phone also. I want get to the bottom of this. The only way to restore messages from your previous Android phone to your new iPhone is if you were using the Verizon Messages application. If you were, you’ll just need to download the Verizon Messages app from the App store. If you were using a different messaging application on your Android phone, it’s not possible to restore your messages from your older phone.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
marie009

Actually the Verizon messages app didn't restore none of my messages when I tried that method. I used the move to iOS app to get my messages. I used content transfer for my pictures. I thought the messages app would work also but it didn't. Maybe something that needs fixed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marie009,

That may be something that we'll need to take a look at. Sorry about the trouble you experienced. We're glad that you were able to transfer them through the iOS app. Please let us know if you come accross anything else you need assistance with. We're always here for you.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes