How to get desktop app without Windows Store
smalko
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a corporate block on my Windows 10 laptop, blocking me from being able to use the Windows Store.....need another way of downloading the windows desktop app.

Any suggestions?

Also, the web app doesnt seem to work. when I go to https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/tnc/Show.do   it asks me to login, and then just takes me to my billing account

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to get desktop app without Windows Store
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

In general, if an app is available available on a manufacturer's website, it may be able to be downloaded from there.

If the device is running Windows 10S, and, there is a block from accessing the Store, then the device is locked down.

0 Likes
smalko
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks dexman,

I'm running windows 10 enterprise, with admin privileges. However i am unable to install the windows store no matter how hard i try.

the manufacture does not have the app available for download, only through the windows store.    

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I found this procedure for sending messages...

Send a Message - Verizon Messages - Website | Verizon Wireless

Would this work...if the need is to send messages?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smalko,

I want to help in every way possible. I'm sorry that you're having troubles on your computer with trying to retrieve a specific desktop app. I want to make sure we're all on the same page with what you're trying to accomplish. With you using a corporate computer, this may very well be the reason you are having this trouble, but let's chat about this. You are on the Verizon Messages community forum board. Just to make sure I understand, are you trying to get the desktop version of Verizon Messages on your company computer? If this is not what you're looking to download/install on your company computer, what exactly are you trying to download/install? Do you have a personal computer that you can try this on? If so, what happens when you do it on your personal computer? Here are the steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203105/ What has you looking to have the Verizon Messages desktop version? Are you having any issues with sending/receiving texts on your phone or other VZW devices?

Alicia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smalko
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response Alicia,

what I need is an install executable file (.exe) to install Messages on my desktop. At the moment the instructions point to the Windows Store for downloading, which I do not have.

If you are able to provide me with a windows install executable file, even if for an older version of the app, I would greatly appreciate it

thank you

lnettrouer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the same issue where my company GPO policy blocks the store. Getting the desktop app on the computer is beneficial to being efficient with the job as having to screen shot text on phone and email to computer. Getting an exe or mai file would fix this issue. If possible could it be put as a link to file from Verizon like it used to be?

0 Likes
JeromeDaGnome

I have the same issue and would rather have an ap that stays connected then through a browser that keeps timing out on me and having me relog and then I miss messages or ones i send don't actually send.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We understand the importance of having access to your text messages on your devices without timing-out. Please tell us a little more, what operating system do you use?

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes