How to add texting to a phone on an existing family plan
pjko57

Hello, we currently have a AC FAMILY SHAREPLAN 700 among 3 phones total. One smart phone, one basic phone, and another basic phone that has texting on it. Texting was added about 5 or 6 months ago to one of the basic phones. I am wanting to add the 1000 text messages option for $10 to the smart phone.

Now that Verizon has the Share Everything plans now, can I still add texting to the smart phone? I tried to do it online on the MyVerizon section, but I couldn't find where to do it. Can you all tell me how I can add it?

The smartphone is eligible for upgrade in June. If I add texting now, will I have to retain the contract for two more years?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to add texting to a phone on an existing family plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pjko57,

Great question! I know it's important to be aware of all impacts on your plan, before making a changel I'll be happy to help. I appreciate you trying to add the texting plan on the smartphone line, but I apologize for the inconvenience. You won't have to switch to the Share everything plan to have it, I can just add the feature to your current plan. Please follow me, accept my request and send me a DM for further assistance. Lastly, changes to the plan will not extend your contract; the line will still be eligible to upgrade in June.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ronda123

CANCEL

STOP

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader