How to access non-primary line texts when phone is not working?
TRVent
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have a family plan, and my husband's line is the primary number on the account. My phone is currently broken and while I can have my calls forwarded to another line for now, I am trying to figure out how to access my text messages. When I try to go through our account online, it will only allow me to access my husband's texts since his is the primary phone number. I tried to activate Verizon Messaging on my tablet, but I can only do so if I get a Security Code, which was, of course, texted to my cell phone number. Is there a way to access my texts without switching my phone number to the primary account on the plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to access non-primary line texts when phone is not working?
TRVent
Enthusiast - Level 2

We took the phone to Best Buy to have it checked twice, and the second time they were able to "fix" it by doing a factory reset. For some reason when I ran the latest update it corrupted the phone. It is now working, and I have been able to set up messaging on my tablet in case this ever happens again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DobieG
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have your own Verizon Wireless account login? If so, see if you can

use the VZW Message web app... https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
TRVent
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I do not have my own account login since it is a family plan, and I can't register my own account unless they can send me a message on my cell phone, which, obviously, doesn't help me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi TRVent,

I can clarify this for you. You are able to activate your own My Verizon account for your own line. The account holder can make you an authorized user as well.

Let's address that broken phone. What's going on with it? What model? Please elaborate for me, thanks so much

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Vanvega729

Well it's my daughter phn n she on my plan I'm just wondering how do you look at the messages without thm knwing

0 Likes
TRVent
Enthusiast - Level 2

We took the phone to Best Buy to have it checked twice, and the second time they were able to "fix" it by doing a factory reset. For some reason when I ran the latest update it corrupted the phone. It is now working, and I have been able to set up messaging on my tablet in case this ever happens again.

0 Likes