How far back can I go on test messages
jmunsell

I need to go back to April can I do that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How far back can I go on test messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmunsell, our valued customer's text messages are very important to them. Please keep in mind that the content of our customer's text messages are not available to view online through their My Verizon account access. Just to be sure I'm on the same page with you are you inquiring about viewing the content of the text messages?

If so, and you're requesting retrieval of text messages for your account please be advised:

• Verizon only captures the last 3-5 days of content (never more than 10 days).

• All requests for text message content must be made through proper legal process (warrant, court order or subpoena with notarized written Verizon user consent form indicating they are the intended recipient or originator of the text message) and made exclusively to the Verizon Security Assistance Team (VSAT). Your legal counsel can contact our Customer Service Department by phone at 800-922-0204 to initiate the request.

• Text content can only be released to a judge or magistrate (18 USC 2702/2703).

•  Verizon is not able to provide a hard copy of available content unless Verizon has proper legal documents for the release of such records.

Please let me know if this answers your question. - RobertC_VZW  

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmunsell, our valued customer's text messages are very important to them. Please keep in mind that the content of our customer's text messages are not available to view online through their My Verizon account access. Just to be sure I'm on the same page with you are you inquiring about viewing the content of the text messages?

If so, and you're requesting retrieval of text messages for your account please be advised:

• Verizon only captures the last 3-5 days of content (never more than 10 days).

• All requests for text message content must be made through proper legal process (warrant, court order or subpoena with notarized written Verizon user consent form indicating they are the intended recipient or originator of the text message) and made exclusively to the Verizon Security Assistance Team (VSAT). Your legal counsel can contact our Customer Service Department by phone at 800-922-0204 to initiate the request.

• Text content can only be released to a judge or magistrate (18 USC 2702/2703).

•  Verizon is not able to provide a hard copy of available content unless Verizon has proper legal documents for the release of such records.

Please let me know if this answers your question. - RobertC_VZW  

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

kellyelf

The question was, how far back can I go on text messages.  For example, if a Judge/legal counsel requested ALL text messages that was ever sent on a particular phone number, how many days, months, or years can Verizon provide the text messages?

0 Likes
pat9
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
Justcallmeparker

Is this still true today? Text content is only stored at Verizon for 3-5 days and can only be given with a subpoena, even if I've signed a release form?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes