How do we STOP PRESIDENT TRUMP FROM TEXTING ALL OF US?
REGKEN68
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do we STOP PRESIDENT TRUMP FROM TEXTING ALL OF US?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do we STOP PRESIDENT TRUMP FROM TEXTING ALL OF US?
rcschnoor
Legend

REGKEN68 wrote:

I just want him to take his name off it - it's a FEMA alert and it's not all about him every day

His "name" is not on it. Others are making this about Trump.

Untitled-1.jpg

Trump did not "name" the alert, his predecessors did when initiating this system.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As much as I don't care to be involved in or distracted by this planned test on Thursday, the test message is coming from FEMA and not POTUS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's if there isn't another weather emergency at that time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
docnan18

Are there any services that are NOT participating in this horrible Presidential Alert System? I'm going to shut my phone OFF on 10/3/18 from 2pm-2:30pm to be sure I do not receive that test. I would strongly like to encourage my phone carrier, Verizon, to not participate in this horrible idea. If I can find a carrier that refuses to participate, I will be sure to switch. Even if my contract is not up. I'm so appalled.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

docnan18 wrote:

I would strongly like to encourage my phone carrier, Verizon, to not participate in this horrible idea.

Thank you Verizon, for participating in this critical emergency preparedness test.Smiley Happy

REGKEN68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just want him to take his name off it - it's a FEMA alert and it's not all about him every day

0 Likes
REGKEN68
Enthusiast - Level 2

this link goes nowhere

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

REGKEN68 wrote:

It was called a "Presidential Alert" LONG before Trump was President.

https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1537215240818-3cbccb6143599371811b58d086c1ff67/2018_IPAWS_Na...

"Why does the FEMA IPAWS program conduct national tests of public alert and warning systems?

The IPAWS Modernization Act of 2015 (Public Law 114-143) requires the FEMA IPAWS Program Management Office (PMO) to conduct, not less than once every three years, a nationwide test of the public alert and warning system. The Act, which became law in April 2016, requires FEMA to help ensure that under all conditions the President, Federal agencies and state, local, and tribal, governments can alert and warn the civilian population in areas endangered by natural disasters, acts of terrorism, and other man-made disasters or threats to public safety. The IPAWS PMO, in coordination with the FCC, tests the IPAWS emergency communications pathways — including the Emergency Alert System and Wireless Emergency Alerts.

Why is FEMA conducting a joint EAS and WEA test?

The nationwide EAS and WEA test will provide FEMA with valuable information on the capabilities to distribute a national emergency message. In the event of a national emergency or disaster, WEA and EAS are just some of the channels that will be used to warn the public and communicate what protective action to take. Successful alerting requires using multiple channels to ensure the largest portion of the public possible receives an alert."