How do i keep my stepduaghter out of trouble
angrydad

My stepduafgter has been getting in trouble with the law and seeing guys that are much older than her. how do i keep track of who and what is bring said from her text by computer?????????? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do i keep my stepduaghter out of trouble
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

To expand on what mdram said, there is no way to view the CONTENT of text messages online through Verizon.  What you can view is a list of timestamps and numbers to/from for text messages.  You can then use that list to make sure you are reading all of the messages on her phone.

You might also want to look into Parental Controls ($4.99/month) which will let you block as many numbers as you like for as long as you like, and place limits on the times and amounts of calls and texts that can be made.

There are 3rd party software solutions that will automatically forward text content from a phone to a computer or another phone.  If she has a smartphone, you may be able to download a cheap (or free) app that will do the same.

I agree with mdram.  Set limits, require her to let you monitor the phone and use the tools you have available and then take it way if the rules aren't followed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

disable texting, if thats not an option

tell her you want to read her texts every night

check them with what the computer says she has sent

if any are deleted, then kick in parenting 101 and ground her, take her phone away ect

use family locator

put in controls so she can only call or recieve calls from certain people

be a parent

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

To expand on what mdram said, there is no way to view the CONTENT of text messages online through Verizon.  What you can view is a list of timestamps and numbers to/from for text messages.  You can then use that list to make sure you are reading all of the messages on her phone.

You might also want to look into Parental Controls ($4.99/month) which will let you block as many numbers as you like for as long as you like, and place limits on the times and amounts of calls and texts that can be made.

There are 3rd party software solutions that will automatically forward text content from a phone to a computer or another phone.  If she has a smartphone, you may be able to download a cheap (or free) app that will do the same.

I agree with mdram.  Set limits, require her to let you monitor the phone and use the tools you have available and then take it way if the rules aren't followed.

0 Likes
Aznanny52
Enthusiast - Level 1

Take away her phone!  Easiest way!  It's a privilege for a teen to have a cell phone.  She is abusing that privelege an it should be taken away. 

0 Likes