How do I send a text message to a 5-digit number?
Hapaki1

Hi! 

A local radio station has frequent contests where you have to sent one word to a 5-digit number. How do I do his? 

I've tried with my iPhone 4S, and now I have a 5S but the message never gets through.

The number is 36500.

Y

Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I send a text message to a 5-digit number?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hapaki1 wrote:

OK, since I brought up the original question I HAVE sent test messages to that number. I have discovered that, for some strange reason, it will NOT go through if I either type the suggested word in the SUBJECT section, or in BOTH the SUBJECT and .

It will only go through if the word is ONLY in the Text Message section.

So, for all intents and purposes, I can now send a a message to that number.  If I ever win anything, (Yeah, Right!) perhaps I'll share the prize with the 3 of you.

So, thanks to TTipgem, Ann154, and TonyG_VZW for your advice.

Actually this makes sense. Once you add text to the subject line when creating a text message it automatically turns it into a MMS message. The short code number is probably setup to ONLY receive SMS messages and blocks MMS messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

It works on my iPhone 5s.  I just typed the number you provided in the "To" box and typed a random word in the message box and I got back an immediate response from iHeartRadio saying to check the keyword.

Look at your Message settings and see if there is anything you have set that would be preventing the messages from going through.

What color is the message you sent?  Does it turn green or blue?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have premium messages blocked on your line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hapaki1,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry that you are having trouble with engaging in these types of text messages. We certainly want to make sure that you are able to utilize all available functions. Being that you are sending these messages to a short digit code you may want to check if you have premium text messaging blocked. You can view this in your featues on your MyVerizon account. Do you get an error message when you try sending the messages? Please keep us updated on this so we can check all potential causes.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
How do I send a text message to a 5-digit number?
Hapaki1

OK, since I brought up the original question I HAVE sent test messages to that number. I have discovered that, for some strange reason, it will NOT go through if I either type the suggested word in the SUBJECT section, or in BOTH the SUBJECT and .

So, for all intents and purposes, I can now send a a message to that number.  If I ever win anything, (Yeah, Right!) perhaps I'll share the prize with the 3 of you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hapaki1 wrote:

Actually this makes sense. Once you add text to the subject line when creating a text message it automatically turns it into a MMS message. The short code number is probably setup to ONLY receive SMS messages and blocks MMS messages.

0 Likes
Merryhiller
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I reply to 5 diget text messages get message failed when I try?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Failed errors when trying to communicate out can be a frustrating thing, Merryhiller. Do you have any other 5-digit numbers you can text to see if you get the same error? JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes