How do I remove a recipient from a group text?
JACKMAN100

I use the default app, Verizon Messaging Plus.  Can't figure out a way to remove a recipient when I reply to a group message.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S6.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I remove a recipient from a group text?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't delete, but you can selectively reply to only one person in the group message - just long press one of the bubbles from the person you want to talk to, and the menu that pops up will have an option to "Reply to sender" - your reply will only go to that one person. 

I haven't found a way to add someone to a group once it's set up. You can choose one of the messages in the conversation and forward it to someone, again by long pressing the message and choosing "forward" from the options.  I'm not sure if the recipient would see everyone in the group, and therefore be able to respond to the group ... never tried it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JACKMAN10,

Let's put a stop to sending out messages that aren't needed. Is the group saved under contacts? How was the thread started?

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JACKMAN100

The message starts when a friend (A) sends a text to me and to another friend (B), with each added individually from the contacts list (not from a group).  I see the text with both friends A and B list at the top of the screen.  I'd like to know how to reply only to friend A (by deleting friend B from the top).  Yes, I know I could just start a new text just to friend A rather than deleting B, but there should be a way to do a delete.  BTW,  I'd also like to know how to reply to A and B but also add friend C to the text.

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI THERE,

Currently, there is no way to delete a contact from an existing group message.  We are working on updated features which will become available to you in the near future.

Thanks for your patience!

THANKS,

ALIE

VZMESSAGES

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't delete, but you can selectively reply to only one person in the group message - just long press one of the bubbles from the person you want to talk to, and the menu that pops up will have an option to "Reply to sender" - your reply will only go to that one person. 

I haven't found a way to add someone to a group once it's set up. You can choose one of the messages in the conversation and forward it to someone, again by long pressing the message and choosing "forward" from the options.  I'm not sure if the recipient would see everyone in the group, and therefore be able to respond to the group ... never tried it.

0 Likes
PrincessDiva

THANK YOU!!!!  It is irritating- someone has spammed 19 of us within the past 2 hours!  The path I have taken is when people respond, choose "Report Spam".   Unfortunately, there are only a few responded asking does anyone know who is in the group to request to stop/ remove.   I would like ot see a block feature- specific, unidentifiable numbers or all in the thread-- it should be with the cost we are paying for phone and the service. 

0 Likes
J-P-G
Enthusiast - Level 1

The reply "we are working on it" from vzmessaging is dated 2016.  Nothing yet?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J-P-G, we've got the solution to your question, ready to go. If you visit our 'How to use VZ Messages' page, you can get the exact steps on how to remove someone from a group message: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-messages-android/

You'll go to the section, 'Group Messaging.' The sub-section, 'Access Details and Manage a Group,' has the exact steps to remove a recipient. If you use those steps, you'll be good to go.  

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
Jtomarch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Open up the group message. Hit the three dots at the top right hand corner.  Then press and hold on add or remove people. You have to press and also hold. A list of the recipients will appear on top with minuses next to their names for deleting.

I had to go to this process twice, first deleting their names and then their telephone numbers, but I think that was a fluke. Should be able to do it in one step. 

0 Likes
AMLC

Here is how you both add someone to a group message and someone.

1. In your Verizon Messaging (text) app, click on the group you want to change.

2. Once the group is up, click on the 3 dots in the right-hand corner. A menu will come up.

3. On the menu, click on "Create enhanced group." A new page will come up. Note (as it says on the page): "Only Admin can edit the group." You can now do a number of things -

A. Add a group avatar: click on the camera icon at the top, then chose your picture.

B. Name the group: click on the line "Group Name or Topic" and then type what you want to name the group.

C. Add another person to the group: click on the line " Type Name or Phone Number", then add either the person's name (if the person is already one of your contacts( or phone number)

D. Delete a person from the group: the last item on the page is a list of the group participants. Each person has a check mark beside their name. To delete someone, just click on their name. This will remove them from the list.

0 Likes