How do I insert a line break in Message DESKTOP?
merubin75

How do I insert a line break in the Message+ DESKTOP app (Windows)? I've tried using the SHIFT+ENTER keyboard shortcut since that's the typical solution, but it's not working.

At your service,
Michael

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I insert a line break in Message DESKTOP?
Not applicable

HI there,

At this time the PC app does not allow for a line break.  The developers are aware of this request by customers. I will post to the PC User Guide on this forum once the page break it is available.

THANKS,

ALIEM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I insert a line break in Message  DESKTOP?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

CTRL+Enter?  ALT+Enter? I don't use the desktop app, so I can't say for sure.  Other programs though, use one of the three key combos to get the line break in....

0 Likes
merubin75

Sadly, those don't work either. CTRL-Enter gives you an error beep, while ALT-ENTER and SHIFT-ENTER just send the message.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK-then perhaps a three key combo will work (I've had apps where that is the case).

CTRL+ALT+Enter

CTRL+SHIFT+Enter

Yeah, it should be simpler, or documented, or obvious, but if yo can find the key combo that works, all is good.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or CTRL+SHIFT+Enter

Or ALT+SHIFT+Enter

I know I have one program where I have to use the three key combo, and it always takes me awhile to remember which three keys it is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to send a message with a break merubin. Where you able to try what SuzyQ suggested?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI there,

At this time the PC app does not allow for a line break.  The developers are aware of this request by customers. I will post to the PC User Guide on this forum once the page break it is available.

THANKS,

ALIEM

0 Likes
DavidR2PA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can't do it.  But you can do it in the verizon web app using shift-enter.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes