How do I get text messages to stop appearing in my e-mail?
Totes_McGoats
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I get text messages to stop showing up in my email if I don't use the default email app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messages in email
Totes_McGoats
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I figured it out. I went back to the default email app and turned "sync messages" off then deleted my email account from the app. I haven't seen any text messages in my email since.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I use a different email app myself so I can see why you'd want to get your texts to stop showing up in two places. I'll be glad to look into this with you. What e-mail app are you using? Is it texts from your regular number or from a third party service with a different number? Please provide details.

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Totes_McGoats
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use the outlook app. The texts are from my regular number and show up in my email with the phone number it's sent from as the sender.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Totes_McGoats,

Thanks for clarifying. That's certainly kind of odd. To be sure, has this been going on since you have had the phone? Are these copies of messages that you are sending/receiving with other numbers or do you answer text messages from your email directly?

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Totes_McGoats
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I figured it out. I went back to the default email app and turned "sync messages" off then deleted my email account from the app. I haven't seen any text messages in my email since.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's fantastic sleuthing/troubleshooting, Totes_McGoates. Happy you were able to resolve this issue with those steps. If you ever have questions for us and the community, we are here to assist.

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes