How do I download Verizon Messages for my PC?
michaelschmith
Enthusiast - Level 1

How and where do I go to download verizon so I can use home computer for verizon text messages?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Down loading to home computer
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Take Texting to the Next Level | Verizon Wireless

Then click on "Download the desktop app"

0 Likes
VWHelp
Enthusiast - Level 2

That MIGHT work if the site didn't say NOT AVAILABLE.  I am being required to upgrade and I see that 90% of the reviews say the upgrade is a failure and doesn't work.  Why would I be required to upgrade to something that doesn't work?  and why send me to a site that says it is not available?!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's definitely worrying to see you're unable to upgrade the Messages+ app on your computer, and we are here to help. Please tell us, what's your computer's operating system? Also, what process are you taking to upgrade this app?

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
sebutcherco13

After following your instructions a "sign in" box opens that is asking for my "vzmessages.com" username & password but it doesnt allow me to set one up. I have tried my verizon.com username/password & my community one also but none of those username/passwords work. Any ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with using Verizon Message+, sebutcherco13. I definitely want to make sure that you can get up and running with this. Here's where you can reset your password: https://login.verizonwireless.com/accessmanager/public/c/fp/start

Does this help out? RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
jack55552000

Is there still a standalone application for windows PC or is the online verizon messages only web-based? 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jack55552000 wrote:

Is there still a standalone application for windows PC or is the online verizon messages only web-based? 

With all the complaints last year regarding the sync'ing issues with Message+, VZW removed the Windows 10 desktop version from the Windows Store saying 'it was not compatible with Windows 10'.  Message+ v2.0.2.0 is not a downloadable .exe file but v1.0.17.0 is and you can get it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0

It does work, however with the caveat that you may encounter sync'ing issues with messages from/to other devices.  VZW recommends using the web page messaging access from a Windows 10 machine.  Also, Message+ app (v2.5.3 and 2.5.4) on the latest MAC OS (10.13.6) appears to have an issue which the VZW Messaging Team is working on.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The functionality of the Verizon Message + application can depend on the operating system of the computer. What version of Windows are you using? What happens when you try to upgrade the application?

StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes