How do I completely delete message+ on OSX?
spbsoluble
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been running the message+ app on my mac for a couple months. I recently changed my phone number, and when I go to disconnect device under Preferences > Account I get an error and I can't disconnect my device. So I'm like "ok no biggie I'll uninstall". I uninstall message+, reboot and then reinstall and low and behold all my old messages are still there associated with my old number. I tried straight up deleting the app via the command line and re-installed it to the same results.

Where does message+ store the login token and message data? I just want to associate it with my new number Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I completely delete message+ on OSX?
spbsoluble
Enthusiast - Level 1

No I wasn't receiving any messages on my mac after the number change because the app was still tied to the old number, which didn't exist anymore. When I went to disconnect it would say invalid login token (something along those lines). Anyway I was like "well I wonder where it stores said token?" I looked through my keychain and sure enough there was an entry stored in there for the message+ app that was not getting removed. I just removed it, rebooted and was able to sign in using my new number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spbsoluble,

Look no further help is here! Are you not receiving the message on your Mac after the number change? You will still see the old message with the old number until they are deleted. But you should now receive any new messages with the new number. What error message are you getting when you attempted to disconnect the device under preferences?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
spbsoluble
Enthusiast - Level 1

No I wasn't receiving any messages on my mac after the number change because the app was still tied to the old number, which didn't exist anymore. When I went to disconnect it would say invalid login token (something along those lines). Anyway I was like "well I wonder where it stores said token?" I looked through my keychain and sure enough there was an entry stored in there for the message+ app that was not getting removed. I just removed it, rebooted and was able to sign in using my new number.

0 Likes