How do I adjust vibration duration for Messages+ App
ralaniz91
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a HTC M9 and have this annoyingly long vibration duration when I receive notifications from the Verizon provided Messages App. I would like to change this to a less intense quick vibration. Something less noticeable when I leave on my desk at work. Right now it sounds like a 5 min mini Earthquake.

Facebook notifications are just 1 quick vibration.

I'd like have the same vibration intensity and duration as my Facebook notifications.

Please help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I adjust vibration duration for Messages+ App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the information you have provided for us, ralaniz91. At this time, there is no option to change the type or intensity of vibration for your message notifications.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ralaniz91, let's see what we can do about toning down the vibration on the phone. Has your HTC M9 always had this long duration for vibrating? Or did it just start recently? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ralaniz91
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes this has always happened.

I originally switched to Hangouts for my SMS purposes but then had issues so I recently switched back to Messages.

Is there anything to change the intensity/duration of vibration?

0 Likes
ralaniz91
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is this being worked on?...

Please update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the information you have provided for us, ralaniz91. At this time, there is no option to change the type or intensity of vibration for your message notifications.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ralaniz91
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is really unfortunate.

Can it be possible to add this feature to an update?

I'm sure I'm not the only one annoyed by this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to adjust your vibrate duration. Have you tried changing the vibration through your System Settings? You can go to Settings > Sound & Notification.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CMGJaxn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried this and it does not help. Everything else vibrates using the phone settings. Message+ has an annoyingly long vibration. Please fix!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’ve come to the right place for the best tips and tricks, CMGJaxn. The details you provided helped greatly, and we’re happy to offer a new direction. Message+ has its own settings menu with several options. One option controls the vibration, and it’s independent of the phone’s master settings. Here’s how to access this setting: http://spr.ly/66091M1u5. Please let us know if this helps you change the vibration to a more acceptable option.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
kbarcla3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it being worked on now? It's annoying me too. Makes me feel like I'm getting a call. I'd switch to another messaging app but for some reason I can only be in group chats with my boss if I'm using Messages+.