How come I can no longer stream MLB.TV?
flashhuge
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of 8/23/16 I cannot stream ANY Mlb.tv games. What happened? I have not moved. One day to the next, it just stopped and now says BLACKED OUT on EVERY game???  HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How come I can no longer stream MLB.TV?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fellow sports fan over here and I would like to learn more about what is going on, Flashhuge. Have there been any recent updates to the device? Are you experiencing any other issues with other applications or functions?

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

Make sure under Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services (must be on) -> At Bad (must be 'Allowed While Using the App'

If location services for the app get turned off, it doesn't know where you are logged in from geographically and will black out all games by default (regardless if on cellular or wifi for streaming).

0 Likes
flashhuge
Enthusiast - Level 1

No updates at all. I can still stream Netflix and Amazon with no issues...just MLB is messed up.

0 Likes
flashhuge
Enthusiast - Level 1

GPS is turned on as always.  Nothing has been changed which is why it is so puzzling to me...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ flashuge

Thanks johndoe for the awesome recommendations. When would you notice this change? have you reached out the MLB app support team?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
flashhuge
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have actually spoken with the MLB support staff.  They stated that it would have to do with the GPS location on my phone/hotspot/etc at that particular time, and that if it changes (locations) that's when their blackouts happen...???  So I am still trying to figure it all out.

0 Likes