How can i find out who is trying to access my Messages+
MICSZA62

I need to prove who is trying to get access to my text messages, for legal purposes.  But the police wont do anything until I find out who it actually is on my own and i don't want to pay a private investigator for this since i don't make a lot of money as it is.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can i find out who is trying to access my Messages+
ericw_vzw
Verizon Employee

We're sorry to hear about the trouble with your messaging. We know privacy is very important and we take it very seriously. We would recommend reaching out to customer service at 1-800-922-0204 for account support. We will be happy to see if we can assist you with this in any way.

0 Likes
MICSZA62

You guys won't help at all, someone is trying to get access to my messages and I was told "sorry but Verizon doesn't have the resources to find that out for you, but if you know someone that knows how to use computers they can find out for you no problem really quick".  So I'm going to call and see what you think you can do for me.  I'm going to guess that it will be nothing at all.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you aware that someone is trying to access your messages? Are you the account owner or a member of someone else's account? Are you receiving the verification text with the pin to activate the Verizon Messages on another device and you didn't initiate it? Do you use Verizon Messages for integrated messaging across other devices you own?

If you are the account owner and don't use Verizon Messages on other devices yourself, I would suggest that you sign into your MyVerizon account online and unsubscribe from the integrated messages completely and change your login password and account pin (usually 4 digits). You should then disable the Verizon Messages on your phone and use the default messaging application from the manufacturer or another text message application from the Play Store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly do want to help, and I understand how important this is for you Micsza62. Since it has been a couple of days, have you been able to contact customer service for a resolution? Were you able to try out what Ann154 suggested?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes