How can I correct huge error by VZW rep at store?
rubbersoul1265

On Feb. 11, the day the iPhone launched for Verizon, I headed to the Apple store to pick mine up. Because my girlfriend has a contract with Verizon, we decided it would be better for us to get a family plan. In any case, while we were at the Apple store, the person who set me up with the phone there said that he would sign me up for a basic plan for the individual line and to just go to the Verizon store to combine the lines and put them into a family plan.

My girlfriend and I headed over to the store and told the rep there what our plans were. We signed up for the Talk and Text family plan as well as the unlimited data package. When we finished, the rep there said we were all set and I could begin using the phone immediately.

When we received the bill for the first month's use, it was for about $800 (that's not a typo). When we called to inquire about the charges, they said that the plan didn't take effect until Feb. 21 and that the difference in the bill were all due to text messages. I'm unable to wrap my head around that because I had the minutes, had the data but didn't have any text messaging? It doesn't make sense. We called up customer service and they said that they could only give us a 50% refund and that if we went back to the store in which we signed up for this contract, they'd be able to refund us.

So, we went straight back to the Verizon retailer that signed us up and the manager there couldn't understand what happened and explained that he would forward it to his District Manager. He said that we currently had the plan that we originally wanted (which was the talk and text). In the meantime, he explained, we would just have to pay what we would have owed on a regular bill plus any applicable taxes and leave the difference until he gets it credited.

I have been in touch with the manager for the last three weeks regarding this issue and he has not yet had it resolved. He said that his manager could only get 50% because that's the max refund and he is still trying to get the other 50%. The balance on our bill still has the discrepancy as part of the past due balance. I already covered an additional $100 in taxes because of the issue. I'm not planning on paying them the absurd balance, or even half of that but at the same time, don't want my service cut off.

Has anybody ever been in a similar situation? Or does anyone have any experience in resolving a similar issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I correct huge error by VZW rep at store?
BlackDragon
Contributor - Level 1
Why don't you have the manager remark your account that it was a store error. That way when you call up to customer service, they have proof that a rep had made a mistake and will then have to honor 100% credit. Just explain that your having difficulties getting the store to honor the full credit.
0 Likes