How Do I Unsubscribe From Integrated Messaging?
LIS246

How do i stop this from happening

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I do not want integrated messaging,  how do i unsubscribe?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open the Messages+ app on your phone; tap the three horizontal bars top left next to Conversations; tap Settings.  Scroll down to Manage devices, and disconnect all but your Primary device.

Alternately, you can uninstall the Verizon Messages+ app and use another app for texting, either the one that comes with the phone (varies depending on the phone you have) or a third party app lie Textra, hangouts, or iMessage if you have an iPhone...

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open the Messages+ app on your phone; tap the three horizontal bars top left next to Conversations; tap Settings.  Scroll down to Manage devices, and disconnect all but your Primary device.

Alternately, you can uninstall the Verizon Messages+ app and use another app for texting, either the one that comes with the phone (varies depending on the phone you have) or a third party app lie Textra, hangouts, or iMessage if you have an iPhone...

Anonymous820

In your Message+ app, click settings and in the settings there is an unsubscribe setting.

0 Likes
Re: I do not want integrated messaging, how do i unsubscribe?
Anonymous820

If the unsubscribe setting doesn't work, under setting there is a remove integrated message account. Just click on it and remove it. Here is a screenshot of my setting features!Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-36-54.png

0 Likes
Re: I do not want integrated messaging, how do i unsubscribe?
Emnits

I don't have this screen on iOS.

verizon support has been unable to figure out why I can't text Android or in any mixed platform group textws...

0 Likes
Emnits

Hi Suzy,

I don't have an unbscribe or cancel function in iOS Message+ app

this has been really painfulll....i can't text photos to android, or participate in any mixed platfomrm group texts at all

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's imperative that you are able to participate in group texts with Android devices, Emnits. What is the model of the iPhone you have? Just to clarify, are you using the standard messaging application that came installed on the phone? I know you mentioned that you are not able to participate. Do you still receive messages within the group text from Android users? What happens when you are in the group text and you attempt to send a picture/text? 

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
Emnits

Hi,

Brand new iPhone Xs....long time iPhone user, always used the standard iOS messaging app, but I accidently installed VZW Messages+, but I don't want it.  But now noone can turn off the service....

i CAN text back and forth with individual Android users, but I cannot send/receive photos to/from Android users, and I cannot participate in ANY cross-platform group texts.

0 Likes