How Do I Back Up My Messages To An SD Card?
JOSSCH88

How do I backup my messages to my SD card?
THank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How Do I  Back Up My Messages To An SD Card?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a back up copy of your Messages is certainly convenient. I understand why you're looking for help on how to back up your messages to the SD card. Please click this link to learn more about saving your texts to an SD card through  Verizon Messages: http://vz.to/2nt74VX.

EricaC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my  response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a text backup/restore app from your phone's app store?

Re: How Do I Back Up My Messages To An SD Card?
JOSSCH88

Thank you for your reply.
Message+ had the ability to do this in the past.  I don't care to install a separate app to do something this app is capable of.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Message+ will only backup 90 days worth of messages. The SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store can backup your entire history if you so desire to.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOSSCH88

Ann, thank you for your reply.
I believe the 90 day backup you are talking about is in the cloud.  I want to be able to back up All of my messages from the Message+ app like did last time.  I can't find where they moved it to.
Again, I do not want to install a separate app to back up to Sd card, unless VZW has removed this capability.

CHeers!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's your choice, but I will say that I have used the same third-party backup application since before the creation of Messages+ application and I have been pleased with the results including that application's option to backup to Google Drive.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a back up copy of your Messages is certainly convenient. I understand why you're looking for help on how to back up your messages to the SD card. Please click this link to learn more about saving your texts to an SD card through  Verizon Messages: http://vz.to/2nt74VX.

EricaC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my  response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JOSSCH88

Thanks VZW Support.   It would be nice to also have an option to "Save all" so I don't have to press on each and every contact.
Thanks again,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That option is available, but not through the application you expected. SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes