How Can I Leave A Group Message?
JohnK1954

I am on a group text and I want to opt out.  How can I do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I leave a group message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to manage your messaging threads as needed. The only way to entirely leave a Group Message would be for every user to erase it and start a new one. I have found the Mute option in the mesages Menu to be an effective option to help manage a Group Thread that can't be deleted by every user.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to manage your messaging threads as needed. The only way to entirely leave a Group Message would be for every user to erase it and start a new one. I have found the Mute option in the mesages Menu to be an effective option to help manage a Group Thread that can't be deleted by every user.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deidregayhart
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find this to be a real issue and should not be this way. they should come up with a way to be able to remove yourself from a group text becuase there are many people that get added into a group text by scammers and can not get them to stop the group message!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deidregayhart, nobody likes being stuck in a group message. We're here to help. Have you had an opportunity to try the steps marked correct in this thread? 

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
lrosario89
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes. However I am encountering individuals who will not delete the thread and are only replying to be a nuisance and keep the thread going. Is there any way to opt out that does not involve blocking every person in the chain?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lrosario89,

We understand wanting to able to manage the group's participants or even being able to remove yourself from the group. With Message+ there isn't a way to remove individual people from a thread. You do have the option to mute the conversation(open thread > tap three dots upper right > choose Mute Conversation> and start a new group with only the people you want to message. This way you don't have to block anyone.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes