Hearing a ringtone, but not receiving the text. Droid 3
WENDYA

I have had the Droid 3 for less than a year and I'm not receiving all my text messages. I hear the notification ringtone, but I do not actually see a new message. Has anyone else had this problem? It's only once in awhile, and usually when I'm in another app or online.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hearing a ringtone, but not receiving the text. Droid 3
budone
Legend

I wonder if the tone for emails has been set by accident to the same tone as a text. I did that one time by mistake and it was confusing to say the least!

0 Likes
Re: Hearing a ringtone, but not receiving the text. Droid 3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's no fun when you don't get to see all your text messages. Budone mentioned a good thing to check with your ringtone. If you're hearing the notification for a new message while you're in another app, try returning to the home page and pulling your notification bar down to see if there's an alert for something else (email, app update, etc). If there's nothing in your alerts and you're getting a notification tone, are you using any third party messaging applications? Applications for messaging installed through the market can be great for a custom experience, but can cause havoc with actually seeing your messages. I'm here to help if you need more help.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes