Has anyone figured out a REAL solution to the Verizon text messaging issues?
pinkberry25

Has anyone figured out a REAL solution to the Verizon text messaging issues? I've been having problems off and on for almost nine months with the native messaging app on my Galaxy S3. I'll be texting and all of a sudden texts will stop sending, even though I haven't changed locations or done anything else. I'm probably also not receiving texts. I have tried every suggestion I could find on this forum - hard resets, restarting the phone, clearing app caches, restarting in safe mode (texts still will not send in safe mode), deleting text message histories, removing the battery and sim card and restarting, switching the network mode, turning off Wi-Fi... it's really appalling to me that Verizon has made no effort to resolve this issue which has been a problem for others for years. I do not want to download a third party messaging app to resolve this - the ones that people recommended in other threads here have terrible reviews for varying reasons, and frankly I should be able to use the phone's native messaging application. Verizon, are you trying to get us all to switch to AT&T?? Because it's getting pretty close to that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone figured out a REAL solution to the Verizon text messaging issues?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi pinkberry25,

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, let's get to the bottom of this! Do you experience the issue in every location? Current zip code? Do you have issue with all intended recipients? After completing the hard reset, did you re-download all of your existing applications?

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone figured out a REAL solution to the Verizon text messaging issues?
pinkberry25

Yes, I experience this issue in all locations. I live in NY, NY

(Manhattan), one of the most densely populated places in the world, so it

seems absolutely pathetic that it even happens here. Yes, I redownloaded

all my apps after the hard reset.

I recently downloaded the "Verizon Messages" app to my phone and I seem to

have the issue less often when using that versus the Messaging app, but I

still can't believe you haven't done anything to support the issue with the

native app.

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you pinkberry25. We want to make sure we are able to do whatever possible to get this working for you properly. If you currently have a signature for your text messages, please follow the steps provided to disable it. Access the native messaging application, tap the Menu key, select Settings and scroll to signature settings and uncheck this option to disable. Please keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pinkberry25

This is a joke. You are just going to come up with 87 random things for me

to change to distract from the real issue and hope that I give up without

anyone having to solve the problem. I do not have a signature for my text

messages. Almost no one does this. This is a pathetic excuse for customer

service.

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Not applicable

Biggest question is did you call from another phone and dial 1-800-922-0204 ask for tech support, not customer service.

Then have them reset the messaging in their end switch? That is the most easy and simple fix. Many years ago one of our devices were not getting or sending text messages or MMS and the guy in text support said the code switch for messaging was not correct. He did a switch reset, never had the problem since.

Try that and see if it corrects your situation.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Shopper7287

MANY people are having the same problem on Windows phones.  I'm curious - are you on a Windows phone or an Android?  I'll be REALLY disappointed to hear that the issue exists on Androids as well.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No, on iOS but my wife has an android. Has no issues after the update what so ever.

It must be the luck of the draw.

Good luck

0 Likes