Group text issue
c5hokie

Using Verizon Messenger+.  If I create a group, and send a group message, the recipients only see phone numbers, not a name, even though they have those same people in their contacts.  I saw a similar question asked over a year ago, but it was never successfully answered.  Is there a solution?

Recipients are a combination of Verizon & ATT customers.  Some have android, some iPhone.  Some are using messenger+, some are using other text apps.  None see the names, everyone just sees the numbers (except me, since I created the list I see names).

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group text issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing who messaged is important, c5hokie.

Help is here, and I thank you for all the details you've provided. How long has this been a concern? What happens when a contact in the group begins a new group message?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
c5hokie

it is a group text with 13 users.  I sent the original message and everybody in the group responded (and continues to respond to the original group message).  I can see names, but everyone else in the group can see only the numbers (even though they have the names associated with the numbers stored on their phone).  This is the first time I've used group messaging so it just started for us, but I saw there were other questions about similar items last year on the forum.

0 Likes
PDBisMe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've got the same issue.  Have a regular group of 5 members in a text chain that's never had this issue.  I tried using the "Create a Group" feature to simplify sending everyone texts, but now they only get phone numbers (not contact names).  I'm using a Galaxy S8+.  Would love a fix from Verizon, as I think it's their messaging app that's causing the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PDBisMe

All I do is message. If my text messaging didn’t work, I may as well have no phone. I understand how important this is to you. I’ll be more than happy to assist you. Are your phone and the messaging+ app up to date with their software? When did this start to become an issue for you? Does the issue continue if another member of your group creates the group? What messaging application are the others using and are they up to date as well?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bjlay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.  Galaxy S8 using Verizon message+ app.  I had a group message going and used the "Create Enhanced Group" feature.  It appears anyone using the Message+ app is able to see names associated with numbers in their contacts but the other users just see phone numbers.  Also there is a generic number associated with the group chat and the users cannot see the name of the chat.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want Verizon Messages to work seamlessly for everyone, bjlay. We ask that you report the issue within the application or Play Store via the instructions below.

1. Open the Message+ app.
2.Click Menu > Settings > Account.
3. Report a bug.

Alternatively, you can submit the feedback by visiting the app page on the Play Store for Android devices and selecting the option to email the developer.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes