Group chat made with duplicate of me and the person im texting.
KayleeHuls

This has been happening recently with the verizon message app I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. It only happens with the person I text the most and one other person sometimes. I noticed one day that a seperate group chat had been created somehow. It says group MMS at the top and if I look at who is in it it has the duplicate me and the person I'm texting (my freind). It should not be a group chat because its just me texting my freind one on one. The annoying thing is that it randomly takes my messages from the original conversation and puts them all on that group chat and deletes them from my other conversation leaving ony my freinds replies. It doesnt move the pictures though and it only does random chunks of my messages. If i delete the group chat (which i tried because it was getting annoying) it deletes my original conversation which is very frustrating and then it just reappears later anyway. Also if i text in the group it sends to my freind and then i get the same message from myself. From my freinds view everything is normal. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group chat made with duplicate of me and the person im texting.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KayleeHuls, I know that an experience like this would make following a conversation just a bit tough. We are here to help out with this. Regarding this experience, do you recall any recent app, or system updates occurring prior to this issue? 

If access Verizon Messages > From the main screen > tap on the top left menu icon of Verizon >Choose Settings > What is the app version that you presently have installed on your phone? 

Nicandro_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KayleeHuls

The version I currently have is 6.6.7 it may have been the last update when this started happening but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if it was a system or app update either, only that it's been happening for the past few months and I've tried to figure it out but nobody seems to have the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the right place to troubleshoot the duplicate message issue, KayleeHuls. Thank you for providing so much detail and for working with us on the solution. I’d like to gather some more information about where and when this happens. What zip code are you in when the duplicate texts happen? Does the time of day or day of the week matter? Is it always when you message the one person, or is it always in a specific area or time of day?

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes