Re: Group Text Displaying Number Other Than The Originators Number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This has certainly gone on way too long, Piz. I know your time is valuable, and group messaging is a huge way of communication. Can you please tell me if this happens with all group messaging? Does it happen when you only you initiate messages?

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Piz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only when I initiate on a group msg +.

Inconsistent for some recipients and others only get the wrong number. One suggested it's an error code. The number very close to from 2017.

I also have a ticket in. And I've heard nothing from tier III.

PATS

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Piz,

I definitely appreciate your patience while dealing with this as we want to make sure you can always count on your group messaging. If a ticket is already in with our network team then waiting on their response is the next step. Have you heard anything since the most recent ticket was submitted?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
asics447
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue 

I sent a group text and people immediately blocked it . What is going on ? I just purchased a new Galaxy A50 

JD98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I have also been experiencing similar problems since June 2019 when sending group texts using messenger+.  Somehow it's placing a 1 in front of the phone number of members of the group text - thereby removing identifying information since that number is not in their contacts as such.  It then shows 11 numbers instead of 10 that is loaded under contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, asics447. It is important that your group messages function correctly, and we will make sure any issues are addressed. We have some questions to gather more information. What is the make and model of your device? What text message app are you using?   DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
pam2wise
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same EXACT problem.  I created the group.  Gave it a name.  Added a picture.  Sent the text.

Everyone thought their phones had been hacked or received phishing spam trying to steal their information.

Finally, one of the recipients sent me a screenshot.

On their end, the only thing they could see was the group name, picture I added, and the ph# 588-936-5649.

My ph# nor my name appeared anywhere for them.  Each recipient thought they had received a random text because someone had a virus that used information to create a random group and send messages.

pam2wise
Enthusiast - Level 2

SAME EXACT PROBLEM 2/23/2020.  Verizon terrible!  Message + App terrible...

I have the same EXACT problem.  I created the group.  Gave it a name.  Added a picture.  Sent the text.

Everyone thought their phones had been hacked or received phishing spam trying to steal their information.

Finally, one of the recipients sent me a screenshot.

On their end, the only thing they could see was the group name, picture I added, and the ph# 588-936-5649.

My ph# nor my name appeared anywhere for them.  Each recipient thought they had received a random text because someone had a virus that used information to create a random group and send messages.

I use a Samsung Galaxy A50.  First time I used the group chat feature.  

0 Likes
theskirbys

This happened to me when I started an enhanced group in order to be able to text with my family members in another state. The text show as if they are coming from a number with a new jersey area code. I'm using a Note 9. Verizon, will someone please address this issue? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staying connected is paramount, Theskirbys. We would like to learn more about the issue you are experiencing. Are you noticing this with multiple group messages? Is your device up to date with software and applications? ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes