Re: Group Messages showing "Downloading"
jeffreamartin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the same problem. I get "downloading" on the Message+ app and the stock app. I have the latest version of both. I even tried downloading Go SMS Pro and still got the same thing. It only applies to MMS messages. In my case that usually translates to group messages, but it also happens when a picture is sent. I've reset my network settings and I use less than 25% of the phone's memory. I reset te app by clearing the cache and memory. It happens whether I am on the cell network or wifi. Restarting the phone will not cause the messages to download. Sooner or later, and usually a lot later, the messages start rolling in, though I never get them all.

This is causing me to miss work messages, which is really forcing me to think about trying another network.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s critical to be able to rely on messages to work, jeffreamartin. There’s no way we’d want you to have to consider leaving the Verizon Wireless family, and so we’ll do all we can to ensure full resolution of the group messaging issue you’re having. We appreciate all the information you’ve given and would like to clarify a few things, since you mentioned you’re having the same problem as others in this thread. Contributors to this thread have narrowed this down to a group MMS that originates from an iPhone user. Is this also the case for you, or does this happen to all your MMS group messages, all the time, and in all places? When did it start happening to you? Include details such as dates, “when I got a new device,” “When my phone’s operating system updated,” etc. Also share more detail regarding what happens with pictures when they’re being sent. Lastly, be sure to run any testing when connected to the data network, as both MMS and picture messaging require data (non-Wi-Fi) connections.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
HBrock

My husband and I both are having the same issues with our Galaxy S8 Note as everyone else in the group. It started for us when we downloaded the new system update and I have noticed the problem is originating from iPhone messages. When do you aspect to have a resolution? I missed an important group text yesterday from my Mom. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the concern to have this fixed. We will submit feedback based on the messages received so far. Have you tried any troubleshooting for your Note 8? Have you tried resetting your network settings? Do you get any error messages? Do you get any of the same issues if you start a group message, or send an MMS to an Android device?

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
tlloyd22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Moto Droid Force and it does the exact same thing now!  Clearly there's been a software update that's messed everyone up.  Troubleshooting individual phones is a waste of time.  Someone needs to identify the software issue and roll out a fix!

CRNJ1994
Enthusiast - Level 1

Galaxy Note 9. Same problem, again and again. VZW is becoming a failure.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be deeply concerned if I was having the same issue with my multimedia messages in group texts, CRNJ1994. Thank you for providing the make and model of your device. We want to make sure we troubleshoot this concern properly. Does this happen while on Wi-Fi or the cellular network? Do you receive some type of error message? Is this happening when the text message is from an Android or Apple device? Are you using the Message+ app or the original texting app that came installed on the device? Is your app up to date? Can you please clear the app cache as well? Here is a link as well: http://spr.ly/6601EWGp5 . Please let us know if these steps help. We look forward to hearing from you.

MarshallP_VZW

Eorb

I was having the same issue, however, it started when I went overseas, on the international plan.  After playing around I found within the message app settings, under "multimedia messages" (apparently group texts are multimedia messages) the "Roaming suto retrieve" needed to be turned on.  There is also a "Auto retrive" setting.  Mine was already on, which is why I suspect that it worked fine stateside.   Maybe that will help.

0 Likes
tlloyd22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am now drawing the conclusion that, for me, this is a network issue.  I travel for work sometimes and since my original post, I have found that while visiting San Diego and Boston, group messaging works instantly and I was plensently surprised.  At first I thought Verizon rolled out a software fix.  But alas, upon returning home (where I don't get a good 4G signal in my home), the issue continued to persist.  I wonder of a 4G LTE booster will fix this in my house?

0 Likes
monty6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same mms 'downloading' issue with group texts on my S8 sent between 2 identical S8 phones, and 1 Moto Z phone.  We are all on the same family plan and only my S8 is having this issue.  It started about a week ago.  It occurs on both the preloaded 'Messages' app and the 'Message+' app.  Updating the app did not help.  Deleting app data did not help.  Clearing cache did not help.