Re: Group Messages showing "Downloading"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you attempted to toggle HD Voice to see if there is any difference? The steps to do this can be found here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214391/. StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes
esjabe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I have always had HD Voice and Video selected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all the details, esjabe. I noticed you had mentioned that this happens while at home specifically. You stated that your neighbor had installed one. Do you know if they had one installed prior to this issue occurring? Have you attempted to use Verizon Messages+ and then test if the same issue occurs? If it does not, can you switch back to the regular texting app and test if the issue persists?

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
sarahtindall
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Note 10 and am having this same problem. I am using the Verizon messaging app and everything has the most recent updates. When a message is sent in a group text it first shows as an individual text from the specific sender and it just says downloading. Then some time later and its always quite a while later it will show correctly in the group text. My boss sends group texts frequently and I don't get them until a couple of hours after they were sent and it makes me look bad, like I'm not concerned with a prompt reply. How do I fix this???

Sarah T. in Georgia
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
esjabe
Enthusiast - Level 3

They installed their network extender about the same time we started noticing the problem. I tried Verizons Message + previously with the same results... group messages would come through as individual messages saying 'downloading' and then fail sometime later.  Eventually the message would download and be part of the correct group message. This has become a major problem and my associates and clients are wondering why I do not respond to their texts in a timely manner. I (and obviously others) need a fix for this asap.*

esjabe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am 99% sure it is my phone trying to connect to my neighbors Network Extender and causing my messaging issue.  I just had two group text messages that failed to download. I walked onto my back deck to get out of range of the Network Extender and, as expected, the messages downloaded. Why is there NOT an option to excluded Network Extenders??  

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Because the phone’s don’t see the extenders ‘network’ differently from the cellular network 

0 Likes
esjabe
Enthusiast - Level 3

That make sense.  So the question remains... what is the solution?  If you are going to say that my neighbor has to set up a whitelist of phones that are allowed to connect, well, he has already refused to do that because he wants anyone who comes into his home (and is on Verizon) to have good signal.  So what other solution is available?

0 Likes
esjabe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just discovered something interesting.  If I shut OFF cell data and run off just wifi, the group message *still* does not come thru as long as the Network Extender icon is above my signal bars. It is not until I go onto my back deck (where I lose the Network Extender icon) when I can get my messages over wifi, with cell data turned off.  So it looks like even with cell data turned off, group messages will not download over wifi if the Network Extender is still in range.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with your group messages. When did the trouble start? If you use the native messaging application on the phone, does the issue still occur? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes