Gear S3 compatibility with new Message+ update?
lmrobert

I use Verizon Message+ on my Samsung Galaxy S6. On my Samsung Gear S3 watch, I have notifications for Message+ turned off and Samsung's Messages app turned on so that I can view the texts, etc. But since the new update with Message+, I no longer receive notifications from people who are using Message+ and I'm assuming it is because we are now "chatting" instead of sending SMS so those won't show up in Samsung Messages on my watch. Does anyone know a fix to this besides uninstalling the update?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gear S3 compatibility with new Message+ update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Some Verizon Messages(Message+)users experiencing issues after the update. We are aware of the issues and are working on a resolution to address the issue. For a temporary workaround please use the native messaging application on your device.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BEEBS00

I'm having the same issue.  I sometimes get the message,  but when I try to reply,  it says check phone.  Rediculous. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Some Verizon Messages(Message+)users experiencing issues after the update. We are aware of the issues and are working on a resolution to address the issue. For a temporary workaround please use the native messaging application on your device.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BEEBS00

New updates today.  Still no compatibility with gear s3 watch.  Please fix

0 Likes
Mcrea111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for acknowledging the problem, I like message+ and in the short term I can use the native app. Just for clarification, my watch (Gear S2) worked flawlessly with the app prior to the update. Since the update I cannot reply to messages from the app and the mute thread function doesn't work for notifications on the watch.  Also, when I read a message on the watch, it still shows unread on the phone. Previously I would not get notifications from other message+ users but that seems to have been fixed. I'm currently on 6.4.5.

0 Likes
Mcrea111
Enthusiast - Level 2

It should have said I cannot reply to messages from the watch; quick replies.

0 Likes
zrxdave
Enthusiast - Level 3

Imrobert make sure you have 6.4.5 and go to settings advanced and you will find a box checked by default to use chat. Uncheck it and see if that helps. I think any other message + users that send to you would have to do the same.

0 Likes
lmrobert

I have 6.4.5. What exactly does enabling chat do for messaging? What are

the differences between enabling chat and disabling chat?

0 Likes
zrxdave
Enthusiast - Level 3

Imrobert as you stated in your original post with NO CHAT messages are sent as sms and able to be received by any device capable of same. With the new chat option which is enabled by verizon as default if both parties have verizon messenger android app installed on their phones messages are sent as "chat" that other auxiliary devices not running the app are not able to receive.

This is my very limited understanding of this problem. I am in NO WAY tech support. Just trying to help as Verizon seems overwhelmed

0 Likes
FAMILYGH

I just updated to the new available version for Message+ in my Samsung galaxy s7 and my phone Samsung Gear S3 is not getting txt notifications anymore. After I read this, I did the workaround and went to Settings in Message+ and disable the Chat option in my phone and my wife. Samsung Gear S3 is getting message from my wife now but most of my friends already updated to the new version of Message+, I'm not getting their messages in my gear s3, hopefully I'm not expected to call all of them and let them know of the workaround, do you have an ETA to fix this issue permanently?

0 Likes