Forwarding aim to phone
amie1988

ok so i try to set up forewarding on my pc to my phone for AIM, it dont work. i never got the confirm code...i dont know what im doing wrong is it because i brought my number from AT&T?  my little brother has the same phone and service that i do, and he gets his to work fine, and i can get yahoo messenger to foreward my messages from there to my phone....whats wrong? how can i fix this? and can i log into AIM from MobileIM on my phone would i get Data charges i have unlimited texting, but since technically I'm on the internet do i get charged or is it just text based charges?

ive read alot of the posts about mobile im alot say you do have to pay data charges and alot that do not...i just wanna know bc i dotn wanna lose an arm n leg paying for MB charges....

Message Edited by amie1988 on 08-20-2009 06:42 PM
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Forwarding aim to phone
Anthony982149

I'm having the same problems with my AIM.

MobileAIM on your phone will charge for downloading it and maybe even using it.  I know it will charge per instant message you send (text messaging pack) but since you have unlimited it won't matter.

0 Likes
Re: Forwarding aim to phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mobile IM, if not already installed on your phone, will be an initial charge for MB to download, unless you are on a connect or VCast/Vpak plan.  After that, there is no charge for MB, it's all texting and will be according to your plan (counts as out of network text messages).

As to why AIM isn't working, but your Yahoo IS, I don't know.  I am able to log into both my Yahoo and AIM accounts from Mobile IM. Never had an issue with either one, though I admit I don't use them very often.  You did say you set it up, or tried to, from AIM on your PC - I did it the other way around.  I opened Mobile IM on my phone to log in to my AIM account.  Maybe try it that way and see if it works?

Message Edited by SuzyQ on 08-20-2009 08:31 PM
0 Likes