FitBit Surge and Message+
Banzai5150
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have recently purchased a FitBit Surge.  As of a more recent update in the past months, it has broken the functionality of being able to read text messages from the Surge.  If I use the default messaging app for Android it works fine, but using Message+ I only get a notification but no message.  This has been posted on the FitBit forums as well as here hoping that some dev can fix this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FitBit Surge and Message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Banzai5150, having a smartwatch is supposed to make our lives easier! We want to ensure you take full advantage of the benefits offered between an Android smartphone and the Fitbit Surge. After digging around, we were able to uncover on Fitbit’s site that they are in fact aware of this issue. Although, we cannot provide a fix for you at this time, you can check here for updates to this particular matter. http://fitbit.link/1Sn3Ajv

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: FitBit Surge and Message+
ionFreeman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been all over the FitBit site. They're aware of the matter, but they expect Verizon to fix it as the other popular SMS apps all work fine with the standard interfaces the Blaze (I have a Blaze, I know the OP has a Surge) implements.

"Hopefully, FitBit will fix it." Isn't an answer. We want to know when Verizon will fix it.