Family Plan - Text Message Question
Quickzoom

I was lookining to add text messaging to a line on my family plan.  So far based on everything I've read it says you need to purchase a texting bundle for each line of service on the plan.  However when you navigate to the Family Share Plan under the Plan section of the Verizon website, it clearly states the following at the top of the page.

Family SharePlans®

Bring the power home. Share your pool of minutes, texts, data and more on up to five handsets.

I underlined the word texts, because I read their statement as I would be able to share my pool of texts as part of the package.  So either

a) I completely misunderstand their statement above.

b) I am just not able to locate where the information about sharing text messages on a plan is located

c) The above statement is false advertisement.

Anyone care to provide some insight?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Plan - Text Message Question
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

This for the Talk and text plans starting at $99. This gives you unlimited texting  on all lines. Talk plans starting at $69, you can add texting plans for individual lines, starting at $5, but you cannot share between lines.

0 Likes
Re: Family Plan - Text Message Question
rcschnoor
Legend

Quickzoom wrote:

I was lookining to add text messaging to a line on my family plan.  So far based on everything I've read it says you need to purchase a texting bundle for each line of service on the plan.  However when you navigate to the Family Share Plan under the Plan section of the Verizon website, it clearly states the following at the top of the page.

Family SharePlans®

Bring the power home. Share your pool of minutes, texts, data and more on up to five handsets.

I underlined the word texts, because I read their statement as I would be able to share my pool of texts as part of the package.  So either

a) I completely misunderstand their statement above.

b) I am just not able to locate where the information about sharing text messages on a plan is located

c) The above statement is false advertisement.

Anyone care to provide some insight?

Could also just be semantics. It doesn't say "Share your pool of minutes, pool of texts, pool of data and more..."

Since they do not have any Family data plans except for a limited(invited) beta test, I would assume that the statement ONLY means "pool of minutes." May be a little misleading, but still factually correct.

0 Likes