Failed Text Messages
LADYBUGAND4BABIES

After the last update on 6/15 text messaging is failing intermittently to random people.   My son and I share a plan and texts fail between the two of us intermittently as well.  I tried calling tech support and was quickly routed to virtual tech assistant.   I DON'T WANT TEXTED HELP I WANT A LIVE HUMAN!!!!  Needles to say, after hours of failed attempts to update this it and that on my phone,  at the support techs direction. I was told I'd have to file a claim with Asurion for a new phone!!!!   This also means paying a deductible.   Why would I need or esme a bes phone beyond frustrated with Verizon at this point and will cancel within the week if this isn't resolved. 

0 Likes
Re: Failed Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on text messages between my friends, and family members daily, LADYBUDAND4BABIES. I too would share your concern if they stopped working after a recent software update. I do apologize for the trouble that you had in reach us, and we're all live humans here on our community forums.
Normally, an insurance claim with Asurion would only be necessary if there was physical or liquid damage on the device as this would disqualify any eligible warranty options.
Let's get this messaging issue fixed. You mentioned sharing a plan with your son; is he also having a similar issue after this update? Have you noticed any patterns with the intermittent failures (time of day, specific contacts, etc.)? What happens if you use a different messaging application?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
LADYBUGAND4BABIES

There is no pattern to these failures.  For example,  I can send two texts simultaneously and only one will be successful.   Yes,  the update caused the same issue with my son's phone as well.   

0 Likes
LADYBUGAND4BABIES

The only messenger app we use is the default messenger on the phones as the messenger+ speed working correctly a year ago for us.   No specific contacts.   All random intermittent failures.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, LADYBUGAND4BABIES. When you get a message saying a text failed, do you ever notice that someone replied to the message, as if it went through? Is this happening when your device has lower signal strength than usual?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes