Facebook Mobile texts- HELP!!!
pack89

I've looked on here, but I'm not 100% on the answer. My daughter has the unlimited texting/ 500 texts. She signed up for Facebook Mobile Texts. Does that go through as a text, a text on her 500, or as data?...In which case I'm screwed? We have an unexplained additional $300 on our bill. I checked her data total, and that shouldn't be more than $40. Can anyone give me a definite answer about Facebook?  Thanks in advance!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Facebook Mobile texts- HELP!!!
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Facebook texts count toward the 500 message allowance. However if she uses her Mobile Web browser to go to m.facebook.com it will use megabytes for all the web browsing. You're billed $1.99 per megabyte if you don't have a data plan.

Look under your bill details on the MyBill tab of your MyVerizon account and you'll be able to see what exactly the data charges were for.

0 Likes
Dalejrfan88

I think FB mobile may be messed up because it's taking DAYS to add my responses or status updates.  Every other text works fine.  I think the problem is on FB's end!

0 Likes
pcola_barbie

i believe in this plan 'unlimited' refers to texts sent and received only between Verizon customers.   Other incoming and outgoing texts from non-Verizon sources are counted as part of the 500 total. So any mobile updates you sign up for, facebook, weather, sports, etc. are counted.

I don't know how old your daughter is, but I have an 11 year old who racked up over 3000 messages in her first month of use!   maybe Verizon will let you back date an unlimited texting plan?

good luck.

********************************************************************************
500 messages PLUS Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging
For only $10 Monthly Access, you can get Unlimited Text, Picture, and Video Messages to any other Verizon Wireless customer from within the National Enhanced Services Rate & Coverage Area.  PLUS get 500 Additional messages.*
*Applies when sending and receiving instant messages, text alerts, emails, and Text/Picture/Video Messages to non-Verizon Wireless customers.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dalejrfan88 wrote:

I think FB mobile may be messed up because it's taking DAYS to add my responses or status updates.  Every other text works fine.  I think the problem is on FB's end!

Facebook is going through growing pains.  Some days it works well and other days it doesn't.  It's FB - use it when it works, and wait till later when it doesn't.  I get status updates on my phone well after I have already seen them online sometimes.  And I post them but they don't show up for awhile.  Other times it's immediate.

0 Likes