Extremely Delayed Text Messages...
WyattGorman

This has been going on for quite a while now, and it's {word filter avoidance} to no end. I can send text messages fine, and they get to the person I intended just fine, in a timely manner. However, when the person sends me a message, I don't get it for a few hours, usually. Sometimes it's up to 9 hours later, sometimes it's simply a few, but it's really killing me. I've sent myself a message, and it didn't bounce back for a few hours as well. What the hell is this, and why isn't Verizon doing something about it? I know that there have been complaints about it before. If this continues I am going to end my plan.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Extremely Delayed Text Messages...
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

WyattGorman wrote:

This has been going on for quite a while now, and it's {word filter avoidance} to no end. I can send text messages fine, and they get to the person I intended just fine, in a timely manner. However, when the person sends me a message, I don't get it for a few hours, usually. Sometimes it's up to 9 hours later, sometimes it's simply a few, but it's really killing me. I've sent myself a message, and it didn't bounce back for a few hours as well. What the hell is this, and why isn't Verizon doing something about it? I know that there have been complaints about it before. If this continues I am going to end my plan.

Check out this thread, last post by SuzyQ-->Delayed Text Messages

0 Likes
WyattGorman

Thanks a lot, that seems to have fixed it. Why in god's name would that have happened?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

WyattGorman wrote:

Thanks a lot, that seems to have fixed it. Why in god's name would that have happened?

Cell phones have a brain of their own....but glad it got fixed.
0 Likes
Dancinallnight

i tried the *228 and it didnt fix it

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dancinallnight wrote:

i tried the *228 and it didnt fix it

Try calling CS 800-922-0204 and they can run a check on your line - call from a landline or a phone other than the line you are having problems with.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SuzyQ wrote:

Try calling CS 800-922-0204 and they can run a check on your line - call from a landline or a phone other than the line you are having problems with.

I remember that person saying they called customer care in another post. Customer care couldn't figure out the problem. maybe technical support is better to call?

0 Likes
Chesterface

You can always get customer support to transfer you to technical support :smileyhappy:

0 Likes