Error after entering PIN received via text
pop_phone

iphone 6, current iOS.

Install message+ app, accept terms and conditions, enter phone number, I receive the pin via text.

I enter the the pin and each time get an error message.

Message just says "Error" and gives me an ok box to click.

Close set the app and re open and get and error,

"not able to register push notificaction. Please try again later some time.". Only option is to hit ok.

Hit ok and top message just says waiting for network.

This is is for my work phone and I need to be able to set an auto reply for texts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Error after entering PIN received via text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear this is happening when you attempt to install Verizon Messages, pop_phone. Let’s get to the bottom of this and find a solution. Are you using mobile data or WiFi? If you disable WiFi are you able to browse the internet or use other applications? One recommendation is to uninstall and reinstall the application. Let us know if that helps at all.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pop_phone

Error happens the same with mobile data or wifi.  Data access is available when I"m trying to set up messages+.

App has been deleted and reinstalled multiple times, on two different phones.

0 Likes
pop_phone

Can I get some help with this please? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to setup Messages+ on the same phone for which the phone number is associated with the that device or are you trying setup the application on a second device to see messages associated with another phone's number?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pop_phone

Ive tried both with the same results.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't setup Messages+ application with a secondary phone number that isn't associated with that device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pop_phone

Then why won't it work with the original number assigned to my phone?

0 Likes
pop_phone

I want to make sure it's clear, I said I had tried both with the same results. Meaning I've tried on my Verizon phone, and my att phone. You've established why it won't work on my att phone.

Now for my Verizon phone.  Ive tried via wifi, I've tried with the data access phone the phone. Yes I'm able to browse the internet and access data.  All I get is an error, no explanation when I type in the matching pin that is texted to me through the app.

Now can this be fixed?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am confused.  Setting up Messages + on your phone should not require a PIN to be sent to the phone - the app should be preinstalled, just set it as the default texting app.  The only time a PIN would be sent to the phone is when you are setting up the Messages on another device to sync with the phone (like a tablet or computer).  The confirmation text is sent to ensure that you ,as the owner of that number, are authorizing your messages to sync with the other device.