Email to SMS/MMS is getting blocked - Why?
reg123

I'm getting the following error when sending emails to my vzwpix address:

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
Remote-MTA: dns; smtpin02-mms.vzw.a.cloudfilter.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 vzw-ibgw-6001a.stratus.cloudmark.com cmsmtp Connection Rejected - CSI Poor - POL105 - 19cVjymVpRogV

These messages from my email server seem to be getting marked as spam. I use this server to send myself emails/SMS and nobody else. Most days I don't send any, some days it could be a dozen or two, all for personal use. It had been working fine for at least 6 months. 

Can someone help me with this?

0 Likes
Re: Email to SMS/MMS is getting blocked - Why?
reg123

Anyone have any idea?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reg123,

It is certainly concerning to hear your messages aren't going through. We want to make sure you can count on this service. We're glad to help. Does the same thing happen from multiple email addresses? Does it happen with any number you try to send these to?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
reg123

I get the same error if sending from any email address on the same domain(142.11.203.68); and I get it when sending to any verizon number. It seems to have gotten marked as spam by the verizon filters but I only send messages to my own number...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to us that you receive the assistance you need with getting this resolved. Do you have a business account with us?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
reg123

No, this is personal use, I don't have a business account

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that detail, reg123. Tell me, what format are you using when sending to the mobile number? Are you sending to the 10-digit number, the number@vtext.com, the number @vgzwpix.com, etc.? What email domain are you using? Please share these additional details, thanks again. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
reg123

The domain is 142.11.203.68, dabagian.com. I am using the number @vzwpix.com

The error I get is the following:

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
Remote-MTA: dns; smtpin01-mms.vzw.a.cloudfilter.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 vzw-ibgw-5002a.stratus.cloudmark.com cmsmtp Connection Rejected - CSI Poor - POL105 - 8nyfjCtbSNdhn - https://csi.cloudmark.com/en/reset/?ip=142.11.203.68

I'm not sure how my own texts are getting marked as spam because I'm certainly not doing that. I submitted a form to be unblocked by cloudmark but it has seemingly been ignored. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reg123, we do want to get to the bottom of this for you. Do you recall anything changing before this started? Have you set up any kind of block or filter on your line: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/#block-internet

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
reg123

No I don't believe anything changed at all. It was working without issue for quite a while and then suddenly stopped. I've checked the block settings and nothing is blocked by me. 

0 Likes