Re: Email-to-MMS Not Working Reliably
MSL2
Enthusiast - Level 1

www.vtext.com is back up again, so I logged in and started testing my problem with the Verizon Messages web-based page. https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do?n=1

Testing shows that any message with an attachment that goes to vzwpix.com doesn't make it to my phone but it does show up on this page.  Texts without an attachment do work.  I tried sending a text to my phone with an attachment from this page, and that doesn't work either.  The text does show up on this page though.

Note that texts with attachments were working up until recently.

thanks.

Mike

(iPhone X)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MSL2, thanks for your detailed input regarding vtext and Verizon Messages. It's important you're able to send attachments through vtext. We've sent you a direct message so we can further address this issue through your account. We look forward to your reply.  

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Gdgdad

I've experienced the same problem recently and again today I attempted SEND 3 small pictures via "number@VZWPIX" and the recipient is not getting anything. Any solution yet? This used to work fine and seems to have gone a awry.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of ensuring your pictures are delivered Gdgdad. We are happy to help. To clarify, did you attempt to send all 3 pictures in one message or were there 3 separate messages? What is the format and size of the picture files?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
matvzn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Melissa, clearly you dont understand what he is saying. Those domains he identified, are not within his control. they are merely domains which he has an email account with to do this test. Therefore, firewalls are not in play here. email and sms are very basic systems and the folks here are often network administrators with a high degree of reliance on cellular SMS to provided status updates. Many of us do configuration of firewalls, email servers, or whatever server you want to name; for a living and can diagnose who's fault it is as well. I too am having the same problem. I have used my same mail settings using ATT @TXT.att.net for about 10 years and have 10's of thousands of status texts over the last 10 years.   Now, nothing. but an occasional text. It has the behavior of having a firewall, designed to identify (in this case incorrectly) behavior which may look spammy, Text messages sent very frequently which recieve no relys from the recipient might appear bogus to VZ's firewall / security systems. While this is very good for verizon and its customers to have somethign in place like this, there also needs to be a whitelisting mechanism for tech admins to use to prevent critical text mesages from being not forwarded by the verizon system.  This problem is either an engineering problem, or a security policy issue with verizon. Either VZ doesnt know what to fix, (unlikely), or it is a Sec policy that they are not willing to change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand this feature is important for you, matvzn. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. NatashaR_VZW in a previous post provide additional information on this Vtext feature. She stated this feature is not intended to be used for large volumes of commercial messages or emergency messages. We recommend using Enterprise Messaging which supports XML, SNPP, WCTP and SMTP protocols. You can find more information on Enterprise Messaging using this link. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/enterprise-messaging-faqs Have you attempted to use Enterprise Messaging as an alternative?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
GBUNDERSEA

I am having the same problem. My home alarm system can send email alerts, either with or without an attached JPEG. The JPEG has a maximum size of only 250K.

If the alarm sends it to any one of my email addresses, it works fine with or without the attachment.

If I send it to my [NUMBER at vzwpix] address, it WILL NOT show up, either on my phone or the VZ webpage, if the JPEG is attached.

Without the JPEG, the text-only version of the same message comes through EVERY time on [NUMBER at vzwpix].

I believe there is some security filter or setting in VZ's system which is rejecting these emails.

FYI, the alarm is set to use my Gmail server settings and From address. I am not getting any bounce messages, etc. The emails simply disappear and are not delivered.

If I send the email to my Gmail account, even with the attachment, I can then forward it to [NUMBER at vzwpix] and it will go through, every time.

I tried using a forwarder on one of my domains to redirect the email to [NUMBER at vzwpix]. Those do not go through either.

So, as of now my choices are to send alerts without pictures to my phone so that I get them immediately, or send much more helpful alerts with images to my email, where they may sit unnoticed.

0 Likes
GBUNDERSEA

UPDATE: I just saw that Gmail DID receive an undeliverable message from VZ, but it was hidden in the spam folder.

Here are the details:

From: MMSC NDR Administrator [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] via txslspamp11.vtext.com

Message could not be delivered to mobile.
Error: Wap Encoding Error

So, it seems that a Wap Encoding Error is causing this.

I looked up this error, and found an old thread about this on the Verison forum:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/VZWPIX-wap-encoding-error/td-p/13664

Maybe this will shed some light on the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GBUNDERSEA,

I appreciate all of your efforts to help track down the issue with sending SMS/MMS messages via email. I was taking a closer look into this, and I do see that there may be some instances where messages are being denied by a spam filter due to ta missing Sender Policy Framework(SPF). Since these messages are automated, I can see where a spam filter may catch them. Here is a tool to ensure that your email carrier has an SPF record, and to check to make sure it is valid: http://spr.ly/660613BXg

Let me know if this helps. JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Email-to-MMS Not Working Reliably Windows 10 to Android S10
Bruce2

MMS stopped working.  Have attaments to original e-mail.  SMS working.

0 Likes