ENV TOUCH texting problems
kellbell1379
Does anyone know why the settings you set for your texting, i.e.. t9 word, all caps, etc does not work when you text from the internal screen? Since the first letter of a sentence is capitalized on the outside screen, why doesn't it do that on the inside? Also, my word correction isn't working. At least I don't think it is. What should it be doing? I am worried this is a bad phone. I just got it today.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ENV TOUCH texting problems
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

This phone has got some T9 issues big time, the biggest one is the LG decided to cripple the feature that allowed you to add custom words to the dictionary. A very poor decision since more and more people are noticing it and saying something about it. I returned mine I was so frustrated texting from this phone. These phones ( glance, env3 and touch ) all have same problem. LG as yet to comment on several peoples posts on their own forums concerning this issue. These phones were advertised heavily as messaging phones, yet one of the most fundamental features that have been around for years was crippled. T9 is a complete disaster.

I have heard a complaint similar to yours before, and am simply not surprised since this phone was rushed out and poorly tested. 

My advise and many people know it is to return it until things are rectified with it ( if at all ) 

Message Edited by Carm on 07-01-2009 08:46 PM
0 Likes
NJAnalyst
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have a similar problem when creating email on the ENV Touch keyboard.  Whenever I try to enter a "@,#,$," etc. using the Shift key in combination with a number key, all I get is the number rather than the symbol.  Is this a firmware issue or is there something else I should do with the Qwerty keyboard?
0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

NJAnalyst wrote:
I have a similar problem when creating email on the ENV Touch keyboard.  Whenever I try to enter a "@,#,$," etc. using the Shift key in combination with a number key, all I get is the number rather than the symbol.  Is this a firmware issue or is there something else I should do with the Qwerty keyboard?

Use the Symbol (sym) key instead of shift. This is not an issue with firmware or the keyboard. Its setup correctly.
0 Likes
joshawstacular

there is no T9 on the keyboard. or autocorrect. and to add a word, I have found that if you type it in a message you're sending on the internal keyboard, it adds it to the dictionary, sometimes.

I have found this works many times. 

0 Likes
LG-LifesGood

on the qwerty keyboard there is a shift button and underneath that is a "sym" button. which stands for symbol. in order to get the symbol or sign you would like to text, you ave to hit the sym button, not the shift button. the shift button only changes letters to upper case letters.

i hope this helped you.=)

0 Likes