EMAIL
midges

I AM NEW HERE,WHAT DOES IT COST TO CHECK AND SEND EMAIL FROM YOUR PHONE.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: EMAIL
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

midges wrote:

If a person is emailing you using the @vtext.com then you'll only be billed for text usage. If you reply you'll be billed for text messaging. 25 cents per text with no messaging plan,.

Check out this thread on the app email-->Email Cost

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

midges wrote:

It depends - what plan do you have?  And are you talkikng about sending a text message to an email address?  Or actually using email on your phone?  Cost could be anywhere from $0 (as it's already included) to $$$$$ if you are talking regular email and you have no plan that covers it so will be racking up data charges for using it......

Tell us what calling/texting/data plan you have, and what exactly you mean by "send email from your phone",   Then we can give you more specific answers.

0 Likes
midges

i have only got the 250 texts and pix plan.i am talking about checking emails.

0 Likes
midges

and i am also talking about sending emails texts also...and i dont have no data plan yet

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can send text messages to any email address, rather than a phone number; it counts as a text.  People can send a text message to your phnumber@vtext.com from their email and it will also count as a text message.

Checking email with Mobile Email or using the web browser will incur data charges, unless you have a data plan in place.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SuzyQ wrote:

You can send text messages to any email address, rather than a phone number; it counts as a text.  People can send a text message to your phnumber@vtext.com from their email and it will also count as a text message.

Checking email with Mobile Email or using the web browser will incur data charges, unless you have a data plan in place.

That is what I said in my original post!!  :smileysurprised: repeating it again?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

TheGreatOne wrote:
That is what I said in my original post!!  :smileysurprised: repeating it again?

Just clarifying, O Great One, with the added information provided by the OP.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
jpascual
Enthusiast - Level 2

In general, there are 3 mobile email apps

- "Mobile Email" - $5/mo if you have a Basic or Select Plan, no charge if you have a Connect or Premium plan.  A decent app if you have an email account from one of the big providers, but attachment support is missing and alerts can sometimes be very slow. 

- "Vemail" - $4.99/mo for all plans.  Has the usual mobile email features plus has support for most attachments (not videos).  You can also speak email and import contacts from your computer.  Alerts seem to arrive quickly.  Supports all major email providers, POP, IMAP, and exchange/domino if pop/imap enabled.

- "Corporate Mail" - $9.99/mo for all plans.  If you want to access an email account hostedby a Microsoft Exchange Server, then this is the app for you.  That is the only type of email account this app is designed to access, but provides a very nice sync feature.

DEPENDING ON YOUR PLAN, YOU WILL INCUR DATA OR AIRTIME CHARGES FOR ANY APP THAT USES THE DATA NETWORK (ALL THESE EMAIL APPS DO).  You can call #DATA anytime during the month to see how much data you have used.  It costs $1.99/MB unless you have a data plan.  25MB/mo is more than enough for most users.  IF YOU TURN ON ALERTS FEATURES IN THE ABOVE APPS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A TEXT MESSAGING PLAN AS WELL.  IF YOU DON'T HAVE A TEXT MESSAGING PLAN YOU CAN GET CHARGED $0.20/TEXT AND THERE IS 1 TEXT MSG FOR EACH ALERT. 

All email apps can generally be found in Media Center, Browse & Download, Email.  On older phones you may need to look in Get It Now, Tools On The Go / Get Going, Email.

0 Likes
jpascual
Enthusiast - Level 2

A little known fact is that if you know someone's cell phone number and carrier, you can send them an email that will arrive on their phone as a text message.  You just need to know the following formats.

Verizon Wireless: phonenumber@vtext.com
AT&T Mobility: phonenumber@txt.att.net
Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com
T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
Alltel: phonenumber@message.alltel.com
Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com

For example, for a friend at Verizon Wireless you'd send email to
phonenumber@vtext.com, where phonenumber = your friend's 10 digit cell
phone number.  If your friend's Verizon Wireless phone number was 2345678912 then any email you send to  2345678912@vtext.com will show up on their phone as a text. 

Keep such messages short, because only the first 150 characters or so may actually get delivered, depending on the carrier.

0 Likes