E-mail sent to CellPhone#@vtext.com not getting received as text message
LaydeeDi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi! 

I have a computer system at my place of work that will e-mail out a notification to me at my work e-mail address and CellPhone#@vtext.com.  I am getting the e-mails however my iPhone XR is not receiving the text messages. 

From my company e-mail, I can send to CellPhone#@vtext.com and it comes thru just fine.  I know the messages are getting out just fine as I had our IT guy look into it.

Any ideas on what to try or how to fix?   I have done a hard reset, I have looked and there are No blocked senders or contacts, and have googled but everything I've seen isn't helpful. 

Thanks in advance!!!!

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: E-mail sent to CellPhone#@vtext.com not getting received as text message
LaydeeDi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure what you are asking?  I get text messages from other cell phones using the text messaging app, those come thru fine.  In fact I just tried sending an e-mail from my work to the CellPhone#@vzwpix.com and that works, too. 

However I don't understand why it won't work from the computer system.  My IT guy can see the 'e-mail' from the server gets handed off to the Verizon vtext server but it never gets delivered to my phone.   If there someone I should be calling at Verizon to troubleshoot this or confirm if the e-mail is getting there?

Help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LaydeeDi
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler
Fixed my own problem by writing the last reply.  

Somehow Verizon must have been blocking the domain the e-mail was being sent from.  I changed that domain to a different one and now the messages are coming thru and being delivered as a text message.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What happens when you attempt to use the default text messaging app on your device? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
LaydeeDi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure what you are asking?  I get text messages from other cell phones using the text messaging app, those come thru fine.  In fact I just tried sending an e-mail from my work to the CellPhone#@vzwpix.com and that works, too. 

However I don't understand why it won't work from the computer system.  My IT guy can see the 'e-mail' from the server gets handed off to the Verizon vtext server but it never gets delivered to my phone.   If there someone I should be calling at Verizon to troubleshoot this or confirm if the e-mail is getting there?

Help!

0 Likes
LaydeeDi
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler
Fixed my own problem by writing the last reply.  

Somehow Verizon must have been blocking the domain the e-mail was being sent from.  I changed that domain to a different one and now the messages are coming thru and being delivered as a text message.  
0 Likes