Driving Mode no longer turning on automatically
SaraLynne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday Message+ stopped automatically turning on Driving Mode when my Note 9 connects to my car via bluetooth. When I go into the Driving Mode menu under Settings in Message+ it still shows that "Bluetooth Detection Setup" is turned on, and the paired device SYNC (my car's bluetooth) is still selected as a device to automatically trigger Driving Mode. I tried turning the Detection off and on, turning bluetooth off and on, and turning my phone off and on, all with no luck. The phone is still automatically connecting to my car when I turn the car on and I'm having no issues with audio coming through the car, it's only the Driving Mode in Message+ that has stopped working. Has anyone else run into this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Driving Mode no longer turning on automatically
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Driving Mode is a great feature and we want you to get the most from it, SaraLynne. In order to better assess the issue, I have a few questions. Have there been any recent changes to your device or applications? If not, are any updates available for either? Does the feature turn on if you are in another vehicle?  ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
BUBALU40
Enthusiast - Level 1

SaraLynne, I'm having the same problem!

I love how Driving Mode turns on when connected to Bluetooth. This feature has helped me so much. Has this question been answered?

Thanks!

SaraLynne
Enthusiast - Level 2

There were no changes to my device or app between when the feature was working and when it stopped working, and it doesn't appear that any updates are available. The day after posting this, it started working with my car again for a few hours, but then it stopped working again. I haven't been able to test it with another vehicle, but I just tried it with my bluetooth headphones and it did work properly and entered driving mode when it connected to my headphones.

SaraLynne
Enthusiast - Level 2

BUBALU40, Not yet since I was slow to reply to the support person, but hopefully it gets sorted out soon! I'll be sure to reply to you when I figure it out so it might send you a notification

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm eager to get this resolved, SaraLynne. Can you please tell me if you have the latest software version of your phone, as well as your Messages+ app? 

You can check to see if updates are available for the app, under Settings> Apps> Updates. 

For the phone, you can go to Settings> About> Software Update

Please keep us posted. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
SaraLynne
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as I can tell, everything is up to date with the current versions

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure you have the support you need for Driving Mode. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-161772/ Here is a troubleshooting guide that can hep in most situations. Tell me, have you tried to clear the cache from the app? VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
SaraLynne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clearing the cache didn't help, but I ended up unpairing and re-pairing my phone and car a few times and eventually that fixed it after several attempts, it's been working fine for a week or so now! Sorry for my delayed replies

SaraLynne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I found something that worked for me! I just unpaired and re-paired my phone and car a few times, eventually that seemed to fix it. Hope this helps!