Double notifications on Verizon Message+
michaelcdavis

Samsung Galaxy S8+, Verizon Message+ 6.5.2, I'm getting double sound notifications for every text. First when it comes in, 2nd when I open it. How can I stop this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Double notifications on Verizon Message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

michaelcdavis,

We want to make sure your Message+ app is working as you need. Let's get this app working for you. Can you access your Settings within the Message+ app and see if there are any options to turn this additional tone off? What options do you see in these settings?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
michaelcdavis

No, there's not an option to turn off the notifications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on my messaging to work properly, michaelcdavis. I can only imagine how it would be if every text notified me twice. You are with the right team to help out. We recommend resetting the Message + app. Here’s how to do this. Please click on the main settings app. Click Apps then App Manager. Find the Message + app in the list, and click on it. Click on Storage, then on Clear Data. Okay the warning, then click on the Force Stop and again okay the warning. Head back to the main screen and power the phone off. Wait at least one minute and power back on. Retest with a new message and let us know what happens.

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
Bsnow17

I'm having this same issue on my LG G6, message+ version 6.5.3 and it is quite annoying. I've tried just clearing the cache and restarting, no resolution .

If I choose to clear the data and "Ok the warning" will I lose all the messages I do not have locked? If so, this seems like a <<removed>> solution to provide without the consideration to at least inform customers.

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
LMK81
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have this same problem with a Galaxy S7.  If I go through the process of "resetting" the app, the way you describe, does that mean I lose all my text messages I have?

0 Likes
LMK81
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I went ahead and reset the Messaging+ app since I am having the same problem with double notifications and it did NOT correct the problem. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to reset the Messages + app, LMK81. I assure you we will do all we can to help get rid of the second tone. In looking through the settings on my own S7, I discovered one that may help us out. Please go to the main settings of the Message + app. Click on Conversations. Scroll down a bit and look for one called “Enable Delivery Toast”. It turns out that if this is enabled, it will cause a second tone much as you and michaelcdavis have described. Let us know what happens when you check this setting.   

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
LMK81
Enthusiast - Level 3

I checked that setting and that was not on. Still doing the double

notification.

On Feb 2, 2018 11:00 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
A_L_MAURER

Clearing the App Data worked for me on an S8+.

0 Likes