Do Facebook and Twitter notifications counts as text message?
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just curious before I download the Twitter app on my bb and go twitter crazy.  I already use the facebook app to update my status and all and when someone writes on my wall or makes a comment, I get a notification sent to my bb.  Do the notifications count towards my text usage?  I have the 500 text plus unlimited mobil to mobile plan.  All my friends and family have VZW so this text plan is all I need.  I really didn't think about this until now and I just want to make sure I don't go over and get a huge text bill at the end of the month.  I don't get that many notifications from fb, maybe about 10 at the most per wk.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do Facebook and Twitter notifications counts as text message?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are signed up for FB Mobile and for getting SMS updates from Twitter, they DO count as text messages.  Anything you send as an SMS to 32665 (FBOOK) or 40404 (Twitter) or any notifications you receive via text count.  If you are using the BB app for Facebook, updates you post via that would probably be data, and covered by that plan.  But if you are TEXTING the update to 32665, it counts as text.  The same goes for Twitter - using the APP on the BB uses data, getting SMS notifications uses text.  You CAN use both FB and Twitter without signing up for the SMS updates.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
HappyMommy

hmm good question.

i would think if you recieve any sms messages no matter if they are friends or families or facebook or twitter that it counts as a text message...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are signed up for FB Mobile and for getting SMS updates from Twitter, they DO count as text messages.  Anything you send as an SMS to 32665 (FBOOK) or 40404 (Twitter) or any notifications you receive via text count.  If you are using the BB app for Facebook, updates you post via that would probably be data, and covered by that plan.  But if you are TEXTING the update to 32665, it counts as text.  The same goes for Twitter - using the APP on the BB uses data, getting SMS notifications uses text.  You CAN use both FB and Twitter without signing up for the SMS updates.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

SuzyQ is correct. It all depends on what method you're using Twitter and Facebook. On Blackberry using a dedicated application is the way to go. 

I would recommend UberTwitter as a good, free solution. 

0 Likes
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

That sounds right.  I had an Lg Versa and I had to text my updates and text messages were sent when someone wrote on my wall.  With my bb, I just click on the fb app when I see the little red star and it takes me to the mobile site to the new updates.   Thanks!

0 Likes