Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,170 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Different behavior on different Samsung tablets
daisysdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have three Samsung tablets with Device/Model/Android version (from the “About tablet” screen):

• Galaxy Tab A 8" / SM-T350 / Android 7.1.1
  • Galaxy Tab A 8" (2017) / SM-T380 / Android 7.1.1
  • Galaxy Tab A 10" (2016) / SM-T580 / Android 7.0

I’ve installed Verizon Message+ on all three but when the devices are “locked”, I only get a notification that a message has been received on the SM-T380.  On the other two, I have to open the Message+ app before the message appears.  Even when I open the app, it sometimes takes a few seconds for the message to appear.  As far as I can tell, I have the settings exactly the same on all three devices.  I also do not see a “Refresh” option anywhere in the app.

I don’t see this kind of behavior with the email app I currently use and others that I formerly used - I always get notified regardless of the state of the tablets.

Anybody know what might be going on?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Different behavior on different Samsung tablets
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, daisysdad.

The oldest tablet is running on a different Android version. were you able to get the notifications on all 3 before the update? Have you gone into the PlayStore and updated your Message+ app?

0 Likes